11: lean on me

After Ms.Park left, silence filled the room until Cheongsan started cursing and punching a filing cabinet while crying. After that, we all talked with each other. "I didn't hear anything.. after Nayeon went out and Ms.Park went after her, I didn't hear anything."

"You mean screaming?" Suhyeok asked and Cheongsan nodded. "Maybe they didn't die then" Daesu said and continued on. "They wouldn't have been quiet if zombies were biting them. They must be alive"

"Why isn't anyone responding? I'm always talking to myself" Daesu sulked. "I think you're right, I didn't hear anything either." Onjo responded to him. "Me too, I was scared because I didn't know how I'd feel if I heard them screaming" Hyoryeong said.

Everyone started talking about how they didn't hear anything but I noticed Suhyeok being rather fidgety than normal. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked him, concerned. He looked at me and shook his head no. "Why?"

He told me to wait and then said awkwardly "I don't know if I should say this but-" he tried saying before Wujin cut him off by saying "Then don't say it" and hit him in the stomach, making him shut his eyes hard. "I'm concerned. Why-"

"Does anyone need to uh.. go to the bathroom.." he said awkwardly. We all said that we did. Daesu proposed an absurd idea to piss and shit out of the window. Which we all disagreed on for obvious reasons.

Onjo then suggested the idea of making a temporary bathroom in the recording room, so everyone started looking for things we could use, and started covering up the windows and moving cabinets to make a stall.

Once that was finished everyone started lining up to go. After we all just sat and discussed what we would do as Namra made a point that no one could come to save us. Onjo said we hadn't waited that long yet and Cheongsan then said that there would be people that would come in the morning.

We all were tired and decided to call it a night. Jimin had fallen asleep sitting on a chair that was against the wall, with another chair supporting her legs. Namra was to sleep by the door with Eunchae on her shoulder. Onjo and Hyoryeong were to sleep on the table.

Daesu, Joonyeong, and Wujin were all on the floor, Cheongsan was on a desk. I took a seat close but also not too close to the window, Suhyeok took a seat beside me. I sighed "Today has been a long day, hasn't it?" I said and gazed out of the window.

"Yeah, it has.." he said. He then tapped my shoulder and gave me the strawberry milk I had declined from him early on today. "It's not cold anymore but.. You can still drink it" he told me. I smiled and took it from his hands and placed it on the ledge inside the room that was close to the window.

"I'll leave it there for the night, I'm sure it'll get cold enough that it'll make the strawberry milk cold for me to drink" I said to him and hugged my knees. "I feel sorry for Eunchae. She lost the person she loved with her heart.."

"If I lost the person I loved, I'd go crazy. I'd also do anything I could to save them from these monsters." I sighed and looked down. 'Well, who do you love?" he asked me.

The person that came to my mind was my brother and I pointed to him. "That idiot over there is the one I love. He's my other half, and has always been a great older brother to me. Why did you think I was gonna say someone else's name?" I joked, knowing I wanted to say his name.

"I wasn't" Suhyeok said. "You didn't seem like the type to you know.. ever like someone. You're always studying, every time Cheongsan asks you to go out with us you never go, it just seems like you didn't have time for a relationship or love life you know?"

I looked at him and said slowly "You're very observant I see..". He looked away in embarrassment, "It's okay to be observant. Some people are naturally like that. I don't blame you, you can't control it"

"But aside from that, I'm getting tired, I'll head to sleep now" I told him and turned my whole body away from him, leaning my head on the already cold metal cabinet and shutting my eyes, forcing myself to go to sleep, and hoping that he'd go away.

Suhyeok then tapped my shoulder and I pretended to be asleep. "Chaeyoung" he said. I still kept my eyes shut. He moved me back into the position I was sitting in before and used his hand to lean my head on his shoulder. "The left side really is her prettiest side, Cheongsan wasn't lying.." he whispered.

I got caught off guard when he said that and opened my eyes slowly acting as if I had just woken up. "Huh- why am I? Wasn't I just leaning on here a few minutes ago?" I asked, and got up, hitting the cabinet as I said so. "Oh sorry- I- I just want you to be more comfortable."

He took his jacket off and put it to the side, then put my head back on his shoulder. "It's okay, you can lean on me" he told me and covered me with his jacket. "It's fine you know I could just-"

"Stop, don't say anything more" he told me. I just nodded my head and rested my head once more on his shoulder. Cheongsan saw this and took the opportunity to point to Suhyeok then me, and kissed his hand. Signaling that me and him should kiss.

I mouthed "Fuck off" and flipped him off. Even though we always were annoying each other, I "Is your hair in your way? Here, I'll move-" I cut him off. "It's okay I'll move it myself" I said but then he stopped me. "The jacket is gonna fall off if you do"

"I can manage" I said and moved my hair aside, turning down his offer. "Okay then, sleep well" I told him. "Goodnight Chaeyoung" he said back to me and I fell asleep.