14: bitten

A good hour and a half had passed since I was sitting here in the bathroom. I was lightly tapping my foot on the floor bored out of my mind. That was until I heard the sound of the speaker go off from outside.

I went to the door and unlocked it, slowly opening it with a crack so I could hear better. Daesu was asking if Cheongsan was there, the Suhyeok followed, asking if Cheongsan was there. I was hoping he'd ask for me, but he didn't.

"ChaeChae, it's Eunnie. You're okay right? Nothing bad happened to you right? Me, Namra, and Onjo are worried sick about you. Chaeyoungie, I'll be waiting for you. I know you'll come back, you'll come back alive, and unharmed.. Wherever you are, stay safe there"

I teared up at the sound of Eunchae's voice, and was about to open the door and go looking for them, as I knew they were leaving. But then I stopped in my tracks and slowly closed the door again, leaving a small opening so I could hear. It was Suhyeok's voice.

"Chaeyoung, I hope you're okay, and I hope you're still alive. I hope that you can come back and drink the strawberry milk you left here. It's safe, and in my pocket for you... Chaeyoung-ah, I'll search the entire school for you. I'll go up and down, run around each hallway just to find you. All you have to do, is stay alive."

"Cheongsan, we're coming now. Chaeyoung, I'm coming wherever you are, I'm going to look everywhere for you." Suhyeok concluded, and the speaker turned off. I shut the door quickly when music played and all the zombies started running past the bathroom.

I waited about 5 minutes, to give the others time to move. I took one last drink of water before I pulled the door open and ran out. I saw Namra and the others coming towards me. "Chaeyoung-ah!" Eunchae shouted.

"Eunchae, keep going, I'll be there in a bit okay?" I need to make sure everyone is okay" I said and pushed her with Namra who was in the front. I saw everyone pass me besides Suhyeok. I even double checked and followed them to the room Cheongsan was in.

"Chaeyoung!" Cheongsan shouted out and ran to me and gave me a hug. "Are you okay?" he asked me and let go of me. "I'm okay.. where is.. wait.. he's not..." I spoke as soon as I realized and ran out of the room.

I ran down the hallway back to the stairs and saw Suhyeok, about to get killed by Yoon Gwinam. I ran down the stairs in a hurry and put my arm around Gwinam's neck and tried pulling him off of Suhyeok.

But then, that's when he bit my arm, and ripped my skin. I screamed out in pain, before he pushed me off to the side and into the wall. "You fucker!" he said and grabbed me by my hair. "Ah.. Lee Chaeyoung"

I was shaking, due to the overwhelming pain in my arm. "Do you know where your brother is?" he said and laughed, with pure evil on his face. "No. Even if I did, I wouldn't say." I said and tried to pull his hand out of my hair.

Instead, he just tightened his grip on my hair, "You motherfuckers!" he shouted. By the time this happened, Suhyeok had gotten up. "Stop it!" he yelled, before using all his strength to push Gwinam out of the window.

I covered my head to shield myself from the broken glass. Suhyeok then grabbed my arm and took one look at the bite mark. He looked very concerned about it, but I wasn't. If I got bit, at least I got bit while protecting everyone else. That was the only thing on my mind when I did that, was to protect him.

"Lets go Chaeyoung," he said to me and helped me get up. Suhyeok put his arm around me to shield me from further harm. When we got up the stairs we saw the others running towards us. Zombies were coming behind them.

"Run! Get inside they're coming!" Suhyeok shouted and everyone ran back to the room. "Curtains, close the curtains!" Daesu said to all of us and I ran to the window to close the curtain.

I saw a zombie under the piano and jumped back quickly. "There's a zombie here, but it's caught under the piano. It can't move" Cheongsan explained, and I just nodded my head and stood by the desk.

"We can't... make it to the rooftop can we? We're trapped again, aren't we?" Hyoryeong said, while gasping for air to catch her breath. "There's zombies outside.. so let's think a little." Suhyeok said to everyone.

I pulled a chair out and took a seat. My arm caught Hyoryeong's attention, and she stood up, shaken in fear. "Hey.. Hey Chaeyoung" she called out to me. I looked up and thats when she asked "Were you bit? That's a bite mark right?"

I looked down at the bite mark, which was more than visible. Everyone backed away from me, and Cheongsan grabbed one of the music stands laying on the floor. Suhyeok shielded me from my brother "No, it's not what it looks like. You're not gonna do this to your own sister are you?"

"Move! Step back." Cheongsan warned Suhyeok and held up the music stand. "I'm telling you it's not!" Suhyeok said, and turned around to me. "Tell him. Tell him Chaeyoung! You weren't bitten by a zombie"

I just looked at my brother, then to Eunchae who was about to burst into tears, and looked down. "Why won't you say anything?" Suhyeok asked me. "It wasn't a zombie who bit her" Suhyeok explained to my brother, who still had his guard up. "Then who?"

"Gwinam. He was the one that bit her." he said. Cheongsan's expression changed. "Who?". Suhyeok then clarified "Yoon Gwinam, the bully". "Really?" Cheongsan said in shock. "Chaeyoungie, Were you really bitten by Gwinam?"

I just nodded, and looked down. I knew that Cheongsan would not want to hit me, but if he had to.. he had to. The argument only went on from there.