17: confession

me and suhyeok sat by the window together, our hands tied. no one in the room said a word, until daesu broke the silence. the others started talking, and recording themselves with a camcorder.

onjo then went up to us and handed us the camcorder. "leave a message if you want" she said and offered the camcorder to us. suhyeok took it before saying he didn't have anything to say, then offered it to me.

i shook my head no, and he just placed it on the table behind us. "chaechae, everyone believes you now.. you can untie that now" onjo smiled before walking away. i then took the camera into my hands, wanting to say something, but i just ended up opening and closing it again.

"be honest with me suhyeok.. why are you doing this?" i asked him, and looked down at our hands that were tied together. "because the others are nervous" he responded. "aren't you? you're risking your life. that day as well, you said you'd go through every floor just to find me."

"no, i'm not nervous" he replied. "why? why aren't you nervous like the others are.." i asked him. "just because, i'm not." i brought up earlier, and what happened. "you know how i said i wanted to bite you earlier?"

he tried stopping me from saying anything more but regardless, i continued. "it was strange.. it felt like i was dreaming, you gave off such a nice scent.." i said. "what scent?". i just shook my head "i don't know.. all i could think of was i wanted to eat you."

"but then i heard your voice. you called me 'chaechae'. since we weren't that close at all.. i didn't think you'd ever call me that.. your voice woke me up." i explained to him. "i never thought the day would come that you said chaechae. you always just call me chaeyoung. since we weren't close."

"i know, i was scared if i called you that when we first met, you'd find out.. if i called you chaechae" he said awkwardly. "find out what?" i asked him. "that I liked you" he eventually said. my heart may have skipped a beat or two.

"i hung out with the bullies in Year 10, and always got bad grades, slept in class, and never paid attention. but you.. you always had perfect grades just like namra, you always paid attention, never slept."

i looked down at the camera in my hand, opened it and recorded myself. i braced myself for what i was about to do. "suhyeok, i like you too. no, no. i love you." i spoke. i stopped recording and closed the camera, before placing it off to the side.

"i never told you because.. i don't know... it just felt weird. you're my brother's best friend. i thought you were too popular for me. all the girls liked you, i just.. thought i didn't have a chance with you. so i kept quiet."

"we never know who'll die, and who'll live so maybe.." i got cut off by him, and he held my hand. "maybe i should've told you how much i loved you earlier on, chaeyoung" i looked down at our hands that were now intertwined with one another. "maybe we would've had a chance with each other.."

"i'm glad i found out.. before i died." i smiled slightly and looked down, satisfied with the answer he gave me. he then untied the knot that was keeping us together and threw it to the side. "chaeyoung-ah"

i looked up at him, and was about to answer with a simple "yes?" but instead I got cut off. not with his words, that wasn't the case. He had leaned in and kissed me. i sat there frozen, too shocked to think to even kiss back.

after a couple seconds, he pulled away.  i didn't say anything, so we just looked at each other in silence before both turning red, and looking away from each other.

------

HIII so sorry this chapter is short, i just haven't had the motivation to write anything :,) i hope you all understand. thank you all for the support on this! it means a lot to me! also all future chapters will all be written in lowercase! it's just a preference now for me lol <3