16: tied together

However I missed, I chose to miss. He called me ChaeChae. Something he had never called me before. "Suhyeok!" Cheongsan yelled and went to hit me, but hit Suhyeok instead as he protected me. "Get out of the way!"

"Don't do it! Don't do this to Chaeyoung!" he shouted at Cheongsan. "Move!". Suhyeok lost his cool and charged at my brother, pushing him onto the desk, making him let go of the stand. "I told you to stop!" he yelled and held his fist up to punch him.

My brother however, punched him first. I fell on the floor overwhelmed, as I just snapped out of the strange state I was in. The two kept fighting, until Daesu pulled Suhyeok back and told them to stop.

Cheongsan got hold of a tripod this time and came to hit me but Suhyeok held him back, and Onjo, Namra, and Eunchae came to shield me. "Stop it! Let me go!" Cheongsan fought. "Stop it. Cheongsan are you blind? Can't you see Chaeyoung?"

"She would have blood on her mouth if she bit him." Onjo pointed out. "Yeah, there's no blood on ChaeChae. She didn't bite Suhyeok" Namra said. "Lee Cheongsan stop being blind! Can't you see? She's fine! Stop trying to kill your sister if you don't know whats happening to her" Eunchae shouted at him.

"But it Gwinam bit her.." Onjo then raised her voice. "She's still fine so she's okay! Cheongsan, don't you want Chaeyoungie to live? Don't you want her to be okay?" she said, and looked down at the tripod he was holding. "Put that down."

"Let go, I got it so let go" he told Suhyeok, and when he refused to let him go he just forced his way out. "Why won't you drop that" Onjo questioned Cheongsan, but he responded with a "None of your business."

Onjo turned around and squatted down with Namra and Eunchae. "You're okay right?" she asked me. "It's weird.." I muttered out. Wujin got a closer look at me and said to everyone in the back "She seems fine"

"Yeah, she should've turned by now" Joonyeong added. "No, I'm not okay. I wanted to bite Suhyeok.." Suhyeok once again swooped in to defend me "That's not true, she didn't" I stopped him from saying anything more.

"No it's true.. I did. I wanted to bite him" I said, and stood up before lowering my head again. "I don't think I should stay with you guys. If I hadn't come to my senses, I would've bit him." I admitted. "Hey stop that whats wrong with you"

"I'll go." I said and went towards the door again but Onjo spoke, leading me to walk back to her. "Did you see Gwinam get bit?" she asked again. He said "How many times have I told you this?" with slight annoyance now.

"Did you see him turn?" she asked him once more. "No, I didn't. I was busy running away." Cheongsan answered. "Suhyeok, you definetly fought Gwinam?" Onjo asked Suhyeok. He nodded. "Then.. there's no reason for either of you to lie..

"Maybe Gwinam was bitten but didn't turn. In the movies there are people who are immune." Onjo explained. Jimin then spoke up, breaking her long silence. "Still she wanted to bite him and she could have. Regardless she isn't normal. I can't be with her."

"Jimin," Onjo started. "Why, am I wrong? What do you want us to do?" she started to fuel an argument up. "Please! Don't fight one another. If I leave it'll solve everything." I said and shot a glare at Jimin, who never liked me for some reason.

I looked at everyone before leaving. Onjo followed me and stopped me "Don't go. Where would you even go?" she asked me and held my hand, but i yanked my hand away. She went back to stop me. "Please Chaeyoung! Let's not let anyone else die."

"Isak and Hyeonju's hands were very cold before they turned... but Chaeyoung's are warm. She's not a zombie. So let's just talk about how to get to the roof" Onjo then defended me, and held my hand close to hers.

"No." Jimin said. "Jimin-ah!" Onjo shouted but Jimin fired back. "No! She may be fine now but who knows when she'll turn. The rest of you, say something. This is wrong." she said, looking around for someone to speak up.

"I believe she's fine. She looks fine, and she has no symptoms." Eunchae spoke up. "Of course you'd say that you're her best friend! Stay quiet, cause I know you're biased." she shot at Eunchae who just rolled her eyes.

"She said so herself she wanted to bite him. She has zombie blood flowing in her veins!" she shouted. "Zombies killed my mom and dad.. My innocent mom.." she said. "As if you couldn't be more narcissistic, all of us lost our parents!"

"When we flew the drone, my mom and dad were in one of the cars. But I didn't say anything. Did I now?" Eunchae defended. "Jung Eunchae! Stop!" I yelled at her. Suhyeok went towards me and grabbed the tie that held the curtain together off the floor.

I was confused about what he was doing with it, until he grabbed my hand. "What are you doing" I asked him. "Tying our hands together." he spoke sternly, and continued to tie a knot. "Stop. Stop it." I said while trying to pull his hand off the tie to prevent him from tying a knot.

He then held me still however, "Let me do this Chaeyoung." he told me. I stopped resisting and he tied the knot. He showed everyone we were tied together "Happy? She can't go to you even if she turns. She can only bite me."

I looked up at him and had to ask him "Why are you doing this?" He put the hair that was in my face, behind my ear. "You'll find out soon enough."