Chp:-1 The Arrangement

SANYA MIRCHANDANI
I was sitting inside our luxurious office overlooking the oxford street here in London, looking over the latest business reports for the Mirchandani empire. In my employees opnion and according to the world, I am known to be a confident and sassy, a force to be reckoned with in the business world, which is quite flattering according to me. But I don't let it get into my head ofcourse.

I got so engrossed into working that I didn't realise it was the middle of the day already. My phone rang. I picked it up, expecting it to be Nisha, my elder sister, but instead, it was my mom on the other end of the line.

"Sanya, beta, we have some news for you," she said in her usual cheerful tone.

"What is it, Mom?" I asked, already feeling a sense of unease. I could make out from the tone that she's gonna say something I don't wanna hear.

"Well, your father and I have arranged a marriage for you with Gautam Singhania," my mother said, her voice growing more excited.

I literally felt as if the ground had shifted beneath my feet. Gautam Singhania? The youngest son of the Singhanias, one of India's most successful and wealthy families? I have heard of him, a lot of course, I have met him as well but I have never had any interactions with them nor did I know him personally that well.

It's like he's Nisha di's brother in law and a part of our family friend's circle that is all.

"Mom, I don't think that's a good idea. I'm not interested in getting married right now," I said firmly.

Love and relationships were not at the forefront of my mind, not after my painful breakup with Rohan Raichand, my first love. Well it might not have been painful for him but it was for me. We're best friends now, it still hurts a little deep down. We clicked together but it wasn't meant to be. Gautam's sister is married to him, he's my ex boyfriend's brother in law. Shit, this is super duper awkward!

My mother sighed. "Beta, we know you've had a tough time, but we think this could be good for you. Gautam is a wonderful boy, and he comes from a good family as we know. And a known devil is better than an unknown, you know what I mean."

I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to disappoint my parents, but I wasn't sure if I was ready for marriage, especially with Gautam. I have sort of felt that he's kinda boring and too quiet.

"Think about it, Sanya. We'll talk more when you come home," my mother said.

I sat on my desk for a few minutes, feeling overwhelmed. I couldn't believe my parents had arranged a marriage for ms without even consulting me. But as I thought more about it, I realized that maybe this was exactly what I needed. A change of scenery, a fresh start. And who knows, maybe Gautam Singhania was the right guy for me. About him being quiet that may be because he's sort of an introvert and he might be talkative and outgoing with the people who are close to him or like minded. I'll get to be in the same house as Nisha di, sisters turned sisters in law sounds so cool.

GAUTAM SINGHANIA

I sat in our office in Washington DC, going over the latest financial reports for the Singhania group of industries. I was a successful businessman, but still something feels incomplete in my life and Saanvi's exit has a lot to do with it.

Saanvi Sonpal is the love of my life. I met Saanvi during our college days. We were both studying business management and were in the same class. It was love at first sight for me, and I was drawn to Saanvi's intelligence and bubbly personality. We started dating and quickly became inseparable, spending all our free time together.

As we graduated, I proposed to Saanvi and she accepted. We were both excited to start our life together and build a future. However, just before our wedding, Saanvi's father passed away, leaving her family's business in disarray. Saanvi was forced to put her dreams on hold and take over the family business.

The pressure of running the business and the grief of losing her father took a toll on Saanvi, and she started distancing herself from me. Despite my efforts to support her, Saanvi became more and more distant and eventually called off the engagement, leaving me heartbroken. Years passed, and I became successful in my own right, but I never forgot Saanvi. I still loved her and longed for the connection we once had. My life isn't as smooth as it seems. It's kinda messy.

As I worked, my phone buzzed with a notification from my mother. I opened the message, expecting it to be something about work, but instead, it was a message about his family friend's upcoming wedding.

"Gautam, beta, we're so excited for Nirav and Akanksha's wedding next month. And we have some more good news - we've arranged a marriage for you too! You'll be marrying Sanya Mirchandani, our Nisha's younger sister," my mother wrote.

My heart sank at the thought of getting married. I wasn't ready to move on from Saanvi, and I didn't know anything in deep about Sanya Mirchandani, I sure have met her, she may be Nisha's sister and a part of our family friend's circle but I didn't know her personally. But as I thought more about it, I realized that maybe this was the push I needed to move on and find happiness again.

GOD KNOWS WHERE WILL THIS WHOLE WEDDING THING GO.................................