Chp:-9 Satvic Food Date

AUTHOR'S NOTES A:N - Please note that the views and opinions expressed in this chapter are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the beliefs of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) or its affiliates. This chapter is intended to provide information and insights into the topic discussed and is not intended to offend or discriminate against any religious or cultural beliefs.

NO OFFENSIVE OR HATEFUL COMMENTS PLEASE

HAPPY READING

SANYA MIRCHANDANI

5 Days Later, Mumbai.

The engagement function was a big hit. We embarked on a new journey and it feels great. Most of our friends and family members have flown back to their respective places. We decided to stay for a few more days. I'm leaving the day after tomorrow and Gautam is leaving tomorrow.

Right now, I pulled up in front of the Singhania house in my car and honked the horn. I had called up Gautam and told him to be ready in the morning as I'll be taking him somewhere.

Gautam came out after 5 minutes and got in the passenger seat, smiling at me

Gautam said,  "Hey there, where are we going?"

I said, "It's a surprise, just sit back and enjoy the ride."

Gautam settled back in his seat as I drove through the busy streets of Mumbai. We spoke about general stuff and our engagement function as well. After a while, we arrived at the ISKCON Juhu temple.

Gautam said, "Wow, Sanya, this place is beautiful. What made you want to bring me here? I mean, not that I'm complaining or anything. Just a little surprised that's all. Wait! Are you an ISKCON devotee/follower?"

I chuckled and nodded while saying, "Yes I am. No one knows about it. I don't know why but I never told anyone. Just didn't feel like doing so. There's something about Lord Krishna that attracts me. He listens to everyone, he fulfills all your wishes, and he's always got everyone's back. You're safe and protected in his radar."

Gautam said, "I can see why this place is so calming. I feel at peace already."

I said, "Yes, and since it's the month of Kartik mass, there's a special Kirtan called Damodar Ashtakam that they sing during Aarti. It's really beautiful."

Gautam said, "I can't wait to hear it."

Gautam sure was intrigued. We entered the temple and joined the crowd for the Aarti. The lights were dimmed, and the temple was filled with the sound of chanting and the smell of incense.

Gautam whispered, loud enough for me to hear, "I am already feeling a sense of calm wash over me." He said as he watched the devotees perform the Aarti. I smiled at him.

After the Aarti, we went to Govindas Bistro inside the temple for dinner.

"Damn, this place seems to be quite exotic. Never expected to see anything like this, that too inside a temple. What's Satvic food?" Gautam asked, while scanning the menu. I chuckled.

"It's food that's prepared without onion and garlic according to the principles of Ayurveda. You'll see, it's delicious. It's believed to be pure and helps to keep the mind and body in balance," I explained.

We ordered a variety of dishes. I could see that Gautam was pleasantly surprised by the flavors and textures of the food.

Gautam said, "Wow, this is really good. I can't believe it doesn't have any onions or garlic. Exotic satvic food, oriental cuisine without onion garlic can be this good, they have proved it."

I said, "I'm glad you like it. It's important to be mindful of what we eat, especially as we prepare for our married life together."

Gautam nodded, understanding the significance of my words. "You know what, Sanya? I promise to take you to the West Virginia ISKCON temple. I want to see where it all began."

My eyes lit up. "Really? That would be amazing! Thank you, Gautam!" He chuckled.

We continued to enjoy our meal, talking about our future together and the importance of spirituality in our lives. As we left the temple, I felt a sense of peace and happiness. Somewhere I knew that he had found the perfect partner in Gautam, and that our shared beliefs and values would guide us on our journey together.

I AM EXCITED................