Chp:-11 His Past

AUTHOR'S NOTES A:N - The Gujarati language sentences that we've used is all from Google. Forgive us if there are any mistakes.

Thank you
Happy Reading
NO OFFENSIVE OR HATEFUL COMMENTS PLEASE

SANYA MIRCHANDANI

We came back from West Virginia last night. Gautam had told me in advance about the charity fundraiser happening in Washington DC so I had come prepared for that. Gautam was working from home today. The whole day we focused on finishing our work-related stuff. In the evening, I got ready for the event. My makeup was gold and bold. I wore an off shoulder formal dress with a high slit which made me feel confident. I was finishing off my look with a minimalist gold accessory.

"Ahem...hem." I heard Gautum clear his throat.

"Want some help?"

I turned to look at him. He looked so noble in that dark navy-blue suit. I found us both staring at each other for a minute or so.

"Ah, yeah. The necklace is giving me a hard time today."

I complained. I gave him my necklace and automatically my eyes followed his body structure.  From his hand to his chest to his abs. Uff... he really is a hunky man. He came closer to me. He kept looking in my eyes and I looked back at him. He moved my hair to one side and hooked the necklace around my neck.

"All done. You look beautiful today." I blushed at his compliment.

His fingers caressed my cheek and suddenly the room felt hot. I felt weird inside and nobody has ever made me feel this way. Not even Rohan.

"You look very charming, yourself." I smiled happily.

"Let's go." He said and after a nod I grabbed my clutch and my phone.

We left for the charity fundraiser event organized by the IBO community i.e. Indian Business Owners Community.

As we arrived at the charity fundraiser party in Washington DC, I could see Gautam's excitement to introduce me to his business associates and clients. He held my hand tightly as he led me to a group of people he knew, and I couldn't help but smile at his enthusiasm.

I felt a little nervous as Gautam introduced me to his business associates and clients. I knew how important they were to Gautam, and I wanted to make a good impression on them. But as the night went on, I started to relax. I enjoyed meeting new people and talking to them. Some of my associates were here too. I was equally thrilled to introduce them to Gautum.

The party was going well, and we were having a good time. He went ahead to converse with Mr. Robert, who was the Singhanias business partner while I was here looking at one of the paintings. To have a better look I stepped back and accidentally bumped into someone. I turned around to look at a young woman who spilled her drink on her dress.

"Oh, oh my god. I am extremely sorry." I said and helped her remove the stain.

"No. No. It's all good. This would come out easily." she said. She was very polite and kind.

Calling her beautiful would be an understatement she was way too good looking. I am sure this girl might be having guys fall at her feet.

"You are okay right?" I asked her.

"Yes, I am fine. Anyways I am always this clumsy and I was distracted by the look of that painting." She assured me.

Then she looked towards the painting of a couple sitting on a bench. The guy proposed to the girl with a ring and they looked very happy and in love. Their shadows showed an old couple who were equally happy and still in love with each other. The painting showed a literal description of true love and true happiness of life.