Chp:- 10 The Road Trip

AUTHOR'S NOTES A:N - Please note that the views and opinions expressed in this chapter are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the beliefs of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) or its affiliates. This chapter is intended to provide information and insights into the topic discussed and is not intended to offend or discriminate against any religious or cultural beliefs.

NO OFFENSIVE OR HATEFUL COMMENTS PLEASE

HAPPY READING

GAUTAM SINGHANIA

1 Month After The Engagement.

As I sat in my office, going through some paperwork, my thoughts drifted to Sanya. I had to admit, I was impressed by her. Discussing about work and business, share market, stocks etc have always been super fun with her. She sure knows how to run a business empire. After all she was the sole heiress of the Mirchandani business empire.

She was intelligent, ambitious, and had a great sense of humor. I loved the way she challenged me and pushed me to be better, both personally and professionally. She was also very caring and considerate.

We have successfully been in a long distance relationship after our engagement. Everyday we make it a point to video call each other and if at all we're unable to do so, we audio chat with each other or drop messages. It's tough but it's just the matter of 3 more months that's all.

I was comfortable and happy but at the same time, I couldn't help but feel a little conflicted. Saanvi, my ex-girlfriend and the love of my life, was still on my mind. I knew that I had to let go of her and move on, but it wasn't easy.

Letting go of her has been a struggle for me. But I know that I need to move on for my own betterment and for Sanya's sake. She deserves a partner who is fully committed to her, and I want to be that partner for her.

I have found myself kind of forgetting about my past while spending time with Sanya and talking to her, it isn't as painful as before. It doesn't hurt that intensely. I am giving my 100% and focusing on building a future with her. I know that she is the right partner for me, and I am excited to see where our journey takes us.

I picked up my phone as it rang, it was Sanya who was calling. "Hey, Sanya," I said, trying to sound cheerful.

"Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing," Sanya said.

"I'm doing great, Sanya," I said, hoping that my voice didn't betray my feelings. "Just really busy with work these days."

"I don't know how you manage to balance everything so well," Sanya said, admiration clear in her voice.

I felt a pang of guilt as I thought about how I was not being fair to Sanya by still thinking about Saanvi and still being in love with her deep down. She was a wonderful a person, and I knew that she was the right partner for me.

"Thanks, Sanya," I said, trying to sound grateful.

"You know, you're pretty amazing too. We have a lot in common, and I'm really looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you." I continued.

Sanya said, "You make me so happy, Gautam. I feel I am at peace when I am with you. You're the right person for me."

I said, " Yes, I feel the same way. But Sanya, I need to be honest with you. I have been struggling to let go of my past and my ex-girlfriend Saanvi. It's been difficult for me to move on." There was an eerie silence for a good 5 minutes.

Sanya sighed and  said, "I understand, Gautam. But please know that I am here for you. I want to build a future with you and support you in any way that I can.