Chp:-7 Engagement Shopping

SANYA MIRCHANDANI

4 Months Later

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.

Gautam and I had been dating for a while now, and we were finally ready to take the next step in our relationship. We did a long distance relationship through chats, voice notes and video calls mainly. He flew down to London once and stayed for a few days and we spent a lot of time together. He's really a very caring, considerate & a sweet person but he's a hopeless workaholic person and so am I.

I really liked Gautam. I liked his company, his presence felt great, I felt safe and comfortable with him, our tastes and likes dislikes are so damn similar, he's actually quite witty, a funny person and a big softie at heart exactly like Yash uncle, ditto carbon copy. Both Alia and Gautam are like Yash uncle, nature wise.

We had decided to get engaged. It just felt so right. I really like him a lot, I haven't fallen for him yet but it'll definitely happen. We were having our engagement in Mumbai and the wedding is going to be held 3 months after the engagement i.e by the end of this year. Our families and family friends aka the CBG gang are all coming for our engagement.

Gautam had invited my family and his sisters, Alia, Kriti, Navya, Divya, and Aashi, to come along for the engagement shopping. His sisters and Nisha di were all giggling and chattering like a flock of birds.

We met up at the mall, and Gautam led everyone to the Singhania diamond foundation's jewelry store. As we walked inside, Nisha di gasped. "Wow, this place is amazing!"

Alia chuckled and said, "Bhabhi you're talking as if you've come here for the very first time."

Nisha di said, "No really Alia, I am seeing the Mumbai showroom for the first time. This showroom has to be the best out of the 200 jewellery showrooms y'all have all over the world."

Aashi said, "Yes bhabhi that's right. Mumbai is our headquarters after all."

Gautam smiled. "I wanted to take Sanya somewhere special for this occasion. "

I blushed and looked down at my feet. "You didn't have to do all this, Gautam."

Gautam took my hand and squeezed it. "I want to make this day memorable for you, Sanya."

"So, Sanya, what kind of ring are you looking for?" Gautam asked, squeezing my hand.

I smiled up at him, my eyes sparkling. "I'm not picky, as long as it's from you."

The sisters groaned in unison, and Alia elbowed Gautam. "You're so lucky to have found someone so easy to please."

Gautam grinned back at her. "I know, right? It's almost too good to be true."

Navya said, "Yeah. Thank God you found someone or else with that workaholic businessman demeanour of yours I almost thought that you're gonna end up being a celebate monk or end up marrying your laptop and settle in your new home aka your cabin." Everyone laughed. I chuckled.

Gautam rolled his eyes and sarcastically said, "Hahaha so funny."

Divya said, "Guys the invite to all their wedding functions should be like, Mr Cranky Pants Singhania weds Sanya Mirchandani." Navya Divya high fived each other and cackled.

Alia shook her head and said, "You two are something else."

The group split up, with the Singhania & the Patel sisters and Nisha di browsing through the jewelry cases, and Prithvi and Ritik bhaiya wandering around the store.

"Hey, check this out!" Kriti called out, holding up a diamond necklace.

"Wow, that's beautiful," Alia said, peering over her sister's shoulder.