Chp:-2 Dramatic Scenario

GAUTAM SINGHANIA

It was a lazy Sunday morning and me and my family were all gathered around the dining table, enjoying our breakfast. Me, my parents, my chachu and chachi, my sister Alia and her husband Rohan had come down from Canada, and my cousins Nikhil, Karan, and Kriti were here too.

Alia said, "Bhai, you're the best. I was craving for your amazing pesto pasta and roasted garlic bread. This is so good."

I chuckled and said, "I'm glad, anything for you baby sis."

Alia playfully whined and said, "Bhai I am not a baby."

Rohan said, "But you're my baby." He took her hands and placed a soft kiss on the back of her hands.

She just blushed and said, "Ronny boy."

I cleared my throat while trying to keep a serious tone and said, "Hello lover boy, lover girl's brothers, father, uncle, mom, and aunt in the room, have some shame!"

Everyone just chuckled. I feel so happy to see my sister so happy and well-settled in life. Rohan really loves her so much, I am glad she married a wonderful guy like Rohan Dev Raichand.

As we all chatted about various topics, my thoughts drifted toward my recent marriage to Sanya. I was curious to know how my parents had come up with the idea of getting us married.

"Mom, Dad, can I ask you something?" I said, interrupting the conversation.

Mom said, "Yes?"

I asked, "How did this idea come to y'all?"

"Well, it was actually your sister Alia who proposed the idea," my mother said, smiling at Alia.

However, as soon as Alia's name was mentioned, Rohan, Nikhil, and Karan exchanged a knowing look. We all knew that Rohan and Sanya had dated years ago and were still on very good terms.

I was feeling irritated I don't know why. It seems like Alia was feeling insecure about Sanya being good friends with Rohan as she is his ex. She has nothing to be insecure about.

Chachu said, "Rachna, Yash, Avanti Bhabhi let's leave. We need to go to that meeting, remember?"

Mom said, "Oh yes right. Ok kids, have a good time together. We'll be back in a flash." Saying this my parents and uncle and aunt left immediately.

There was an eerie silence in the room after they left.

I said coldly, "I know what exactly you're up to my dearest sister."

Alia said, "What do you mean bhai?"

I said, "You're doing this because you feel insecure about Sanya right?"

Alia defensively said, "What are you talking about bhai? I genuinely feel you'll make a great couple that is why. Nisha bhabhi agreed with me too you know, that's why I told mom and dad."

Karan said, "Oh come on Alia, Yash chachu listens to anything and everything you say and you've taken advantage of the same, you're feeling insecure otherwise why would you suggest this proposal? Gautam of all the people for Sanya, why?"

Nikhil said, "Yeah, she is Nish's little sister, she's my little sister too you know and I will not let anyone mess with her life. Just because you're jealous of Sanya, you're trying to tie her down to Gautam so that she doesn't look at Dev the way she does in your opinion right?"

Alia said, "What about me Nik bhai? I am your little sister and by blood might I add." She was super angry, on the verge of crying. My heart sunk a little, looking at her so broken.