Chp:- 4 Apprehensions

SANYA MIRCHANDANI

As I sat on my room's balcony, I couldn't help but feel a deep sense of apprehension. I had just received a marriage proposal from Gautam Singhania, my ex-boyfriend Rohan Dev Raichand's brother-in-law and my elder sister Nisha's brother-in-law. It was a complicated situation, and I felt torn between my conflicting emotions.

I turned only to see my neighbor, Shaurya Bhatt, who was sitting next to me. Yeah, the Bhatt family are our neighbors. Nandini di and Nisha di are best friends, Randheer Bhatt is Rohan's twin from another mother, they're partners in crime and Shaurya bhaiya is Randy, Adheer and Nandy di's first cousin. He is really a funny, jolly and a really wise guy. He is like a big brother to me.

I chuckled and asked, "Shaurya Bhaiya, when did you come?"

He smiled and said, "20 minutes ago. I wanted to return your book back." He said while handing over my book to me.

I had lent him a book , 'The Psychology Of Money.' I really like it, he wanted to read it so I let him borrow it.

Shaurya said, "Penny for your thoughts your majesty?" I glared at him playfully and sighed.

I said, "Shaurya bhaiya, I don't know what to do," I said, my voice was trembling. "I still love Rohan, but he's married to Alia now, and I'm happy for him. But the thought of marrying Gautam, who's his brother-in-law, makes me so apprehensive."

Shaurya bhaiya listened patiently as I poured my heart out.

I took a deep breath and began confiding in Shaurya Bhaiya. "Shaurya bhaiya, I need to tell you something," I said, my voice shaking slightly. "I broke up with Rohan Dev Raichand because of my strict father. We dated back in the 12th grade, which is an important year, and my father was really sharp. He would have caught us, and the consequences would have been bad. Defying him like that felt so wrong, I felt guilty. I was forced to break up with Rohan."

Shaurya bhaiya listened intently as I continued. "It didn't affect Rohan because he respected me, liked me, but he never loved me. But it affected me deeply because I loved him. I'm glad we're best friends now, and he found love in Alia. She was just what he needed, and he tamed down a lot. I'm happy for him."

"I understand how you feel, Sanya," Shaurya bhaiya said. "It's natural to have conflicting emotions in a situation like this. But you need to think about what's best for you. Do you see a future with Gautam? Do you think he will make you happy?"

I sighed and said, "Can't really say anything about the future but Gautam is a wonderful person, and I know he will always take care of me. But I can't help feeling guilty about Rohan. He was such an important part of my life, and I still love him."

Shaurya bhaiya smiled sympathetically. "I know it's hard infact I can only imagine how hard that must have been for you, Sanya. But you need to let go of the past and focus on the present. Rohan has moved on, and so should you. You deserve to be happy, and I think Gautam can make you happy, it's good that you're still best friends with Rohan and that you're happy for him. That shows how mature you are. You should give the arranged marriage proposal and Gautam a consideration. It might turn out to be a good match for you. And as for Rohan and Natasha, they are a great couple. They are meant to be together."

I was hesitant at first, but after some thought, I agreed with Shaurya. "You're right," I  said, smiling slightly. "I'll consider it. Thank you, Shaurya bhaiya. You always know what to say."

Shaurya bhaiya chuckled. "I try my best, Sanya. Just remember, you deserve to be happy. Don't let the past hold you back."

GAUTAM SINGHANIA

After having dinner together everyone retired to their rooms. I sat in my  room, staring out the window, lost in thought. I had a lot on my mind, and I knew I needed to talk to someone about it. I decided to confide in my sister Natasha Alia Singhania and my best friend and brother in law Rohan Dev Raichand.

Even though my sister is a Raichand now it feels weird to address her as a Raichand. She'll always be a Singhania to me, to all of us. The Raichand couple walked into my room.

Dev said, "Hey buddy, what's up?"

Alia said, "Hey bhai, you asked us to come over so here we are."

"Natasha, Rohan, I need to talk to you both about something," I said, my voice hesitant.

"Of course, Gautam bhai. What's on your mind?" Natasha asked, concern etched on her face.

I took a deep breath. "I have been pondering and contemplating about the proposal, I'm feeling apprehensive about marrying Sanya. The truth as you all know is, I'm still in love with Saanvi. I don't think I'll ever be able to forget her and move on. She was such a sweet and great person, and we had some wonderful moments together. She seems irreplaceable."

"I understand, Gautam bhai," Natasha said, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. "But you need to move on from Saanvi. She walked out of your life. You can't keep holding on to the past. It's not fair to Sanya if at all you're considering the proposal, and it's not fair to you too suffering like this."

"I know, but it's just so hard," I admitted. "My heart sinks at the thought of marrying someone else. I know I'm being blunt here but the fact that Dev dated her once upon a time makes it a little more awkward you know. I'm sorry Alia I shouldn't be asking this in front of you but I can't help it, Dev did you have feelings for Sanya?" I don't know why I am asking him this.

Probably it'll make things seem less awkward, that's all right? Ughhh.......!

Rohan shook his head. "No, never. I've never loved anyone like I love my wifey Alia. Trust me, it won't be awkward at all. " He lovingly looked at her and she looked at him and turned crimson red.

I patted Rohan's shoulder &  breathed a sigh of relief. "That's good to hear. I was worried it would be awkward if you had feelings for her but that's good to hear and, you better consider Alia's feelings and wash away her insecurities."

Rohan nodded in agreement. "I will. I'd like to give you a friendly advise, you need to consider Sanya's feelings too, Gautam. Give her a chance, she's a wonderful girl. Think about it. Further, it's your choice. "

I thought about it for a moment, then nodded. "You're right, Rohan. I will give it a chance."

Just then, Alia's phone rang. She answered it and stepped out of the room, leaving me and Rohan to continue our conversation.

"I'm glad we talked, Gautam," Rohan said. "I want you to be happy, but don't forget about the people you'll be affecting in the process."

"I won't, Rohan. Thank you for your advice," Gautam said, feeling a weight lifted off his shoulders.

Alia entered again and said to Rohan, "Sorry that was maa, she just wanted to check something with us about our upcoming Mumbai trip for your cousin Paramjeet bhaiya's wedding."

She calls our mother as mom, momma or momzy depends on her cheekiness and mood, and she addresses Ragini aunty, Rohan's mom aka her mother in law as maa or mom whatever.

I said, "Oh yeah give my congratulatory wishes to Param, Kuldeep uncle, aunty and everyone. "

Rohan said, "I will thanks."

Together, we sat in comfortable silence, knowing that no matter what happened, we had each other's back.

LETS SEE HOW IT GOES......................