Chp:-14 Revealing The Hidden Pain

GAUTAM SINGHANIA

The atmosphere in the Singhania mansion was electric, bustling with the energy of reunited family members and close friends. My parents, along with Chachu and Chachi, had returned home, bringing with them a sense of joy and excitement. Nik, Nisha, and Vivaan were also back, adding to the lively atmosphere with their presence.

As we gathered to kickstart mine and Sanya's wedding preparations, the mansion buzzed with discussions and decisions. All the elders were in Dad & Chachu's wing of the mansion and we were in mine & Nik's wing. With only three months left until the big day, there was so much to plan and organize. Family friends had flown down to lend their support, eager to help in any way they could.

Meanwhile, Sanya had made a full recovery and was back to her usual vibrant self. Her extended stay had proven beneficial, allowing her to set up her work in DC more efficiently. We both looked forward to our future together, knowing that she would soon join me in the United States after our wedding.

Amidst the excitement and anticipation, my mind couldn't help but wander to the upcoming dinner with Saanvi. Despite my commitment to Sanya, I felt torn by the sense of obligation I still harbored towards Saanvi, my ex-girlfriend. Lost in my thoughts, I found myself contemplating the complexities of my situation, unsure of the best course of action.

Soham's voice broke through my reverie, bringing me back to the present.

He said, "Alright, guys, let's get down to business. We've been discussing mutual funds and stocks lately. Any hot tips?"

Nikhil said, "Well, I've been eyeing some promising tech stocks. The market's volatile, but the potential gains are worth it."

Rohan said while nodding, "True, but don't underestimate the stability of mutual funds, especially in uncertain times. Diversification is the key."

Soham said, "Have any of you looked into blockchain investments? It's gaining traction, and I've read some interesting reports."

Kabir said enthusiastically, "Blockchain is the future, Soham bhai. I've diversified a bit into that sector. Seems promising."

Abhinav said, "Don't forget about keeping an eye on the economy, American economy especially. It affects everything. With the upcoming election, things might get interesting."

Aditya said while raising an eyebrow, "Speaking of interesting, Gautyy, how are the wedding preparations going? Any thoughts on the best men's attire for the sangeet, mehendi, haldi, wedding and reception?"

I said while grinning, "Smooth transition, Adi brother. Wedding plans are on track. For the sangeet, I'm thinking traditional with a modern twist. What do you guys suggest?"

Randheer said while suggesting, "How about royal blue sherwanis with intricate gold embroidery? Classic yet contemporary."

Vihaan said, "Nice! And for the mehendi, vibrant colors like emerald green or deep maroon could work well."

Ishaan said while joining the discussion, "Haldi calls for something bright and cheerful. Yellow kurta with floral motifs, perhaps?" Everyone approved the idea.

Nihar smirked, "Now, for the cocktail, we've got to go all out. Black-tie event, gentlemen."

Abhishek said while raising his glass of mocktail, "Cheers to that. And for the wedding reception, classic navy blue/black suits with bow ties?"

I was satisfied. "Perfect. We've got our attire sorted. Now, let's get back to those stock tips, shall we?" I said.

Aashi came with a tray full of snacks and said, "you guys can literally talk about business & the market anytime anywhere right?" We just chuckled.