Little Red's Woes

Darkness once again has taken the skies...nothing but the sounds of fire and blood curdling screams echoed across the hollow forests. Down in the darkened grass was the lone red hooded girl, Ruby Rose, searching her surroundings...more Grimm appearing to attack the village. She won't let that happen, as long as Team RWBY's by her side.

"Blake! Go with Weiss! Evacuate as many as you can! Yang, let's keep up the suppression!" Ruby orders

"You got it, sis!" Yang complies, punching a nearby Ursa away.

The two sisters take out anymore Grimm they could see, a slash here, a punch there and a series of shots everywhere. Ruby and Yang were able to kill enough Grimm until there was one lonely Beowulf. The Grimm whimpers and starts running away

"Hey! Get back here you!!" Ruby shouts, chasing the Beowulf into the woods.

"Ruby, wait!!" Yang calls out but her words fall on deaf ears.

Ruby continues to chase after the past Grimm, Petal Bursting around enough trees to scare it. Ruby was right on its tail until...it disappears into darkness, not even a trace. Ruby skids herself to a stop, noticing she's alone in the dark woods covered in snow. She stands still to listen for...anything, the fire, people's screaming...even the call from her sister...but nothing. Only dead silence.

"Yang?!" Ruby calls out, her voice echoes to the silent ambiance

"HELP!!! Somebody please help me!!!"

Ruby nearly jumps from the sudden scream that sounded closer. A scream she's too familiar with.

"Yang?! Where are you?!!" Ruby calls out.

"Ruby!!! Please help me!!" Yang cries out

Ruby quickly runs toward the agonizing screams. She runs and runs as fast as her own Semblance could take her.

"Yang!!! Say something!! I can't find you!"

"Ruby!! RUBY!!!! AAAAAAGGGHH!!!!"

"YANG!!!!"

Ruby was in a panic, her sister's in danger and she can't find her. She looks behind, then her left, then her right. Trying to find whatever direction the screams are coming. Ruby bursts to her left, she hears gunshots and the sight of explosions in the distance. She's close, she can make it, she just needs to be faster

once she arrived to the source of the screaming...she sees Yang laying against the tree, covered in her own blood and about to be finished by a pack of Grimm.

"Yang!!!" Ruby cries, charging at the Grimm

In an act of desperation, Ruby swings and shoots her weapon at every Grimm in sight. Dodging their attacks and returning twice as fierce.

Ruby stops herself to catch her breath, looking at the bodies of dissolving Grimm everywhere. Panting, nearly out of breath, but she did it...she saved Yang...

"Yang!" Ruby turns around only to notice...she's not moving. "Yang...?"

Ruby slowly approaches her sister's buddy, crouching down and nudging Yang to wake up...but nothing. She failed...failed to save her sister, failed to make it in time, this is because she ran off alone.

"Ruby..."

The young girl gasps, that voice...it couldn't be, they're supposed to be helping the villagers. Ruby slowly turns around, sees Weiss and Blake lying on the ground, bleeding with their broken weapons at their side. How are they here? Why are they here?