Scavenger Hunt II

Posting extra this week to get the ball rolling on this collection.

     Out of all the times Jeongin could have returned to the coffee shop, he had chosen to walk in on Seungmin attempting to take a small nap with his head on the counter at ten in the morning.

     Yes, he knew. Totally unprofessional. Seungmin could almost hear the scolding from his parents. But then again, was it really his fault that his job demanded him to wake up at 6:30 to serve the early customers? Like, who even wanted coffee at 7 in the morning? His life would be easier if coffee was more of an evening drink.

     Anyways, Seungmin was stirred by an annoyingly soft whisper of "Um... Seungmin hyung?"

     Jeongin yelped when Seungmin woke up with a shock, shaking the sleep out of his eyes. "Did any customers see me like this!?"

     "No hyung, I'm the only one here," Jeongin said, laughing. "You shouldn't sleep on the job."

     "Tell all the coffee lovers to ease up on coffee in the morning and that may happen," Seungmin grumbled. He then instantly brightened up. "Oh wait, you came back!"

     "I said I would," Jeongin said with another one of his face-filling smiles. "Speaking of coffee, do you have any?"

     "No, Jeongin. What makes you think you can ask for coffee at a coffee shop?" Seungmin deadpanned. He chuckled and went off to brew the pot. "How much milk and sugar?"

     Seungmin waited while Jeongin finished the hot drink. He suddenly heard a loud rumble. "Hey, your stomach is trying to tell you something."

     Jeongin groaned. "I didn't eat much breakfast. Don't even ask me why, I felt too lazy."

     "So anything you're setting your sights on for lunch?" Seungmin asked.

     Jeongin gave a sly smile. "Well... there's one thing I've heard Canada is super famous for. It's supposed to be a breakfast item, but hey, I'm not picky."

     Seungmin didn't need to be an Einstein to figure out what Jeongin was talking about. "Oh my gosh, you haven't had maple syrup yet!?"

     "Well, not in Canada," Jeongin said. "I figured it'll taste better here cause it's where it comes from."

     "Depends. You need to know the right place..." Seungmin began. An idea began to form in his head.

     Jeongin shifted closer to the counter. "What are you implying..."

     Seungmin smirked. "I get off my shift at noon. Think you can wait until then?"

     Jeongin pointed at the beanbags in the shop. "I will be waiting there!"

     Before Seungmin could respond, one thousand decibel chatter entered the shop. The sound filled the shop with its siren-like noise, interrupting the serene silence within. It was almost as if a huge crowd of people had walked in.

     Except, it was only two people. And most of their chatter was taken up by shouts of "Lix, don't run away from me, you know I'm right!" followed by a "No! Screw you!"

     Seungmin gave a sigh, all hope for a peaceful day evaporating. "The Jilix twins are here."

     "The... Jilix twins?" Jeongin asked.

     "Felix and Jisung. They're twins, completely obnoxious and chaotic, oh- and because of the messed-up nature of the universe, they're my friends," Seungmin explained.