Magic VIII

The song above will contribute to this chapter, trust.

Knowledge of Dear Evan Hansen is helpful but not neccesary, I explain enough in this chapter.

     May 20th, 2017.

     Jisung is a hopeless romantic.

     He was 12 when he watched Titanic (Minho covered his eyes for half of it,) and ever since then, there has been no turning back. Jisung is a sucker for anything with a satisfying romance and happy ending. It's later when he discovers he also loves sad stuff. Kill off a person, animal or attack helicopter, and Jisung is hooked. He likes crying. He likes the feeling of his heart tearing apart. Minho will never understand that.

     Jisung got gifted the book, Dear Evan Hansen, for his 13th birthday from his family. He later discovered it was originally a musical and proceeded to read the book while playing the soundtrack at the appropriate times. He cried ten times (Minho counted. He was in the room doing homework while Jisung was reading. He stopped offering tissues after the fifth time.) But tears meant that Jisung loved the story. And unfortunately, he got Minho hooked too.

     Minho doesn't find the story particularly emotional (it's a sad story, but Minho has a thick skull.) What fascinates him is how deceiving the soundtrack is. The songs would seem happy; like an innocent story about two friends, to one who listens to them without any knowledge of the play. But hidden in the songs is a dark tale; a lonely boy's wish for acceptance, for family, for love. The songs don't lie about it. They just tell the story in a way where one might not be able to tell the truth right away. As someone who writes only about truth, it shocks Minho that there is more than one way to tell it.

     That's how a new item got added to the List:

See Dear Evan Hansen live :D

     Unfortunately, no musicals are happening anytime soon in their small town and neither of the two get the time to take a mini vacation either. It stays that way for many years but now, this year is the last, and Minho has to do something.

     It's the final stretch of school and both of them, especially Minho, are cramming to get exams done and assignments turned in. The school newspaper room is as busy as always. Both of their parents are also too busy to take them to a place like New York City to see a musical.

     Minho reaches a sombre conclusion. A musical isn't going to happen. But he is sure as hell going to accomplish something close.

     End of May or Early June

     This picture- perfect afternoon we shared

     Minho has the lyrics for "For Forever" blasting from his car and he waits in Jisung's driveway. Jisung cheekbones rise up from recognizing the song, immediately beginning to belt it out.

     "Shhh. Enjoy the vibe!" Minho says as Jisung climbs into the passenger seat.

     "Whatever you say. Where are we going on this fine, picture- perfect afternoon?" Jisung asks, not missing a beat to quote the song.

     Minho smirks. "Watch and see."

     "Oh, so we're doing surprises now? Can't say I'm complaining."

     The song plays on, calming the atmosphere, but also filling it with a certain buzz that predicts something good will happen. For Forever is a song of two friends, a boy's recollection of times with his best friends; having someone that understands him like nobody else can. Minho would say the two boys are Soulmates, if Soulmates exist in the Dear Evan Hansen universe.