Scavenger Hunt XIII

Seungmin was sure his ears would be blown off by the screams in the hallway.

     He was also excited for Christmas break, a welcoming rest from the rigorous university life. But break would be no fun if his hearing got screwed over before it could even begin.

     "SEUNGMIN!"

     "Not you too," Seungmin groaned. He yelped as Hyunjin jumped behind Seungmin, hugging him from behind.

     "I'm just excited!"

     "Really? Couldn't tell."

     Hyunjin looked around. "Where's Minho hyung?"

     "Not here." The older boy emerged from the other hallway. "I hate the end-of-semester rushes."

     "I'll join the club," Seungmin said gloomily.

     "So, you liking university so far?" Hyunjin asked.

     Seungmin shrugged. "It's been interesting. This place is great though."

     "Of course it is, we're here," Minho said with a smirk.

     "Amen to that," Hyunjin cheered.

     Seungmin laughed. He had applied to several universities in Seoul and was beyond happy that he had gotten an acceptance for the business major he wanted. Talking to Changbin's parents about running a business had engraved the idea into his head. Maybe he'd be able to open his own Park's Happiness. Starting something from the ground, evolving it into something that makes others happy. Seungmin was liking the idea.

     The university also happened to be the same one where Hyunjin and Minho were studying, a perfect cherry on top. Seungmin wished he could share a dorm with one of them, but unfortunately, he was years behind his fellow classmates. But that didn't stop the three from studying together, going out for food and movies, and skipping class occasionally.

     "You guys are coming over, right?" Hyunjin said.

     On cue, Seungmin's phone rang. "Definitely! Just give me a second."

     Seungmin isolated himself in an empty hallway and answered the video call.

     "MINNIE!!!"

     "Geez, everyone is yelling today. Isn't it like 1 am for you guys?" Seungmin said, no bite in his words.

     Felix and Jisung were on the screen, all smiles.

     "We're visiting Seoul soon!" Felix said. "We have to meet!"

     "We miss you, Minnie!" Jisung said.

     Seungmin smiled sadly. "Yeah, I do too."

     It had been a year. A year since Seungmin had decided to move back to Korea. A year since he had decided to take the first step into a family that was supposed to be his. It had been difficult and there were many sacrifices he had had to make. He missed his twins in Canada.

     "Aw Minnie, are you crying?"

     "No, shut up!" Seungmin said with a scoff. "Just... hurry up and come visit. Maybe one day... when my parents visit Park's Happiness in Canada, I can come with them."

     "Yes, do that!"

     "Jisung is killing me, Minnie!"

     "No, Felix is killing me!"

     The triplets spent a few more minutes chatting. Seungmin eventually hung up, promising to video call later that night. Jisung and Felix promised that they would wake up at any time for him. Though the three always tried their best to schedule calls at convenient times for all of them.