Scavenger Hunt XII

Seungmin had never had a brother. He had never even known he had a brother. He always thought that would be some crucial information that would be let known to him way earlier on in his life. But apparently not.

     The next day, Changbin had to practically hold Seungmin upright in front of Jeongin's house with how badly his legs wanted to give out. He had never felt so nervous in his entire life. He remembered back when his biggest problem had been talking to Minho again.

     That had absolutely nothing on confronting a possible family member.

     Changbin rang the doorbell. Excruciating seconds passed and soon, the door opened to reveal a very familiar face. A familiar face that brightened up with a smile. "Seungmin!"

     "Jeongin..." Oh, what the heck, crazy family revelation aside, Seungmin was ecstatic to see him again. The two hugged like long-lost friends (which was... technically true.)

     "What am I, chopped liver?" Changbin muttered.

     "I have enough love to go around," Jeongin joked. "Come in, guys!"

     "No, there's something serious I have to ask you first," Seungmin said, immediately feeling bad for ruining the mood.

     Jeongin's face fell. "What is it?"

     "It's... kind of personal."

     "You can ask me anything, Seungmin hyung."

     "When you were sick..." Seungmin began. "Did you ever have a stranger say something to you? When you were supposed to be asleep?"

     Jeongin arched a confused brow. "Something like that happened..."

     "What did they say?"

     Jeongin scrunched his forehead. "I was really young and tired, but... it was something about being friends, about having caring parents. In fact, that was the memory I said was the only one I had of my 'supposed' brother. I almost thought it was a dream, but after discovering I had a brother, I always assumed he was the one who said that."

     Oh... my... god. Seungmin still didn't want to come to a conclusion. "And who were the people who would always be around you and take care of you?"

     Now, Jeongin really looked confused. But the words he said next confirmed everything.

     "My parents. Who else?"

     Seungmin forgot how to breathe. This was really happening... the impossible was true.

     "Seungmin hyung, are you okay?" Jeongin asked hesitantly.

     But Seungmin didn't get the chance to answer. A call came from inside the house. "Jeongin, who came!?"

     "Changbin hyung!" Jeongin said. "And the friend I said I made from Canada. Kim Seungmin!"

     Suddenly, footsteps came thundering through the house. They stopped just behind Jeongin and Seungmin forced himself to look up.

     Jeongin's parents looked very, very pale.

     "Mom, Dad, what's wrong?" Jeongin asked. But his parents didn't respond, their eyes locked on Seungmin.

     Seungmin's throat felt very dry but he forced himself to speak.

     "You... are my parents, aren't you?"

     Silence. Until Jeongin's mom, Ms. Kim, gave a very small nod.