Chapter Seven

TW: Self Harm

The glistening night holds a certain kind of beauty as the stars shine brightly despite the grey clouds that threaten to cry into their destruction.

I stare outside as I capture the essence of nature and how peaceful it is before the storm will come. I know that this is life for me but wouldn't it be nice to live in peace for once? Couldn't I change my ending for the first time in my life?

Turning on my heel, I amble to my mirror engrained into my closet and gaze at my body. I take in my complexities and try to understand me.

My hazelnut brown curls fall gracefully down my body until they come to halt just above my bottom. My coffee coloured eyes continue to scan each part of my body; my heart shaped lips, tallish frame and thighs that I tried so hard to compress for as long as I can remember.

The thin healing scars that remain attached to my thighs. Those thin lines that capture my life in one whole and revealed how I am to the world.

I suck in a deep breath as I try to prepare myself for this event. The worst part is that I would be wearing a crimson red dress that hugged my waist perfectly and holds the longest slit that reached my bikini line, as picked by my stylist.

I had to remain a distraction while Jungkook did the honours and took Duncan down. We have to after the problems I know he would've created. All because my father couldn't properly background check who he was.

I stare at each scar and what meaning they held – from this life and all the problems I endured to that one breakup that shredded me to the core.

I slip into the silk material and watch as the dress slips perfectly down my body. I watch as it hugs my waist and breasts and how the slit extends towards my bikini line. My stylist knew how perfect this was for the perfect distraction.

I take in a shaky breath with a fake smile and mentally prepare myself for the event that will come. I have to get used to this because this is my life. Every leader, or yet to become leader had to attend events like this.

Every leader had scars too.

I'm no different. It shows how far I have come and I deserve a spot just like every single leader does. I may have different problems and what I can endure but still, I'm no different than the rest. I deserved to be in this spot.

But what if I didn't?

I hear a bang on my door. "Aria, Jungkook is here!" My father announces behind the closed door. My attention is caught and I take in a deep breath to calm the nerves that pile in my stomach.

I plaster on a smile with my painted crimson lips as I begin to amble along with my midnight black heels clicking behind me. I sway my hips and prepare myself for this event to come.

My hands grip my phone tightly as I swing my curls back over my shoulder and open the door to reveal my father. He smiles with a quick nod and holds out his hand for me to grab.

"Perfection, as always. This will do the job," he smiles with a nod. I grip his arm as I walk beside my father towards Jungkook, who will accompany me.

My heels click against the marble floor as we amble down the corridor until we reach the entrance of the staircase that twirls down to the door.