Chapter Eleven

Jungkook's POV

The glistening stars capture the essence of nature, the intensity of such beauty enabling individuals to be absorbed by it. Even my eyes are hypnotised by their beauty as I stare at the bright stars.

I wish I could be a star, where I lack responsibility and don't need to be sucked into such a society that wants you to be a certain level of perfection.

I stand up as I finally make my way into the living room where Angelo, Aria, and my apparent parents are meant to be. I needed a moment to gather my thoughts and make sure I was ready to hear a story that would change the course of my life.

Ambling into the living room, I come to a halt in front of the four people that would change my life in a matter of minutes. Was I ready to hear it all?

Luckily, Aria sits down beside her father, healthy and in better condition than she previously was. Her delicate coffee coloured eyes gaze into my direction, and her soft curls cascade down her back. Even the dress she wears, a silk midnight black dress, captures my attention.

But this isn't the moment for my attention to be caught by Aria. This is the moment when my father and mother await me after years. To think I thought I was an orphan is a ridiculous thing as I never indulged into the deeper aspects of my past.

My eyes follow until they land onto the man and woman, side by side and hands intertwined. The woman, assuming to be my mother, eyes me with her honey coloured eyes, and her lips tilt into a bright smile.

The man, assuming to be my father, also stares at me with his honey coloured eyes, running his left hand through his midnight black hair, and his lips slightly turn into a small smile.

Being my parents, they look like me.

But the connection doesn't form.

I stare at the man and woman, the title of my parents above them, but the sense of connection doesn't click between us. Instead, I take a seat beside Aria, and I move closer towards her.

A sense of familiarity washes over me. Being in an uncomfortable environment tends to put me into a state of mind where I want to circle and hide away from the rest of the world.

"Jungkook," my apparent mother whispers. Her eyes glisten with tears, and she stands up, walking towards me until she's hovering at a close distance.

Abruptly, I stand up, and my eyes widen to the sudden approach. "Darling, give him some space. Don't bomarb him just yet, okay?" My father states as he holds my mother back.

Aria stands up, and her delicate small hand wraps around my bicep. "Jungkook, it's okay," she says, low enough for me to hear.

My father extends his hand to shake. I look down onto it blankly. After all these years, they happen to walk in and pretend nothing happened? I had to grow up in an environment that messed me up, heart and mind wise.

"Jungkook," he whispers as he gazes up at me. "It's a pleasure to meet you, my son. I'm Jeon Dae," he continues, and I can sense the hope within his eyes.

However, I don't take his hand.

"And I'm Jeon Eun," my mother quickly jumps into the conversation to introduce herself. "And I'm your mother," she continues to speak. I also sense the hope radiating in her eyes.

"What the hell are you doing here after all these years?" The question harshly rolls off my tongue. This earns a squeeze on my bicep from Aria.

Their eyes widen slightly from my abrupt question, but I didn't care. I wanted to know all the questions that were hidden away from me.