Chapter Sixteen

Standing in front of the mirror, I gaze back at Taehyung. He lays on my bed, staring at the ceiling as we both chill in each other's presence. I turn around and fold my arms against my chest.

"You're still here. Why?" I ask.

He sits up right. "Because, you and Jungkook? I still can't get my head around it," he says. I can see the rage burning within his eyes as he runs a hand through his hair.

"You heard it right, Taehyung. I'm sorry I hurt you, but I didn't know you felt that way about me," I explain for what feels like the hundredth time as I take a seat beside him.

"I understand that. How would you know? But, like, Jungkook? I was willing to wait for you. Are you just trying to get back at me? You don't want me that bad?" He presses again.

He holds my hands. I stare into his eyes, full of pleas, and I'm hesitant. I pull my hands away and glance away briefly. "I just don't feel that way about you. You're my best friend – that's all I see you like," I say with a shake of my head.

I have to be firm with him.

He stands up and runs yet another hand through his hair. "Is this your final answer?" he whispers.

I also stand up. "I wish it could've turned out better, but Jungkook and I have been arranged to be wed since the beginning of time. Us getting together like this was unplanned. I don't know how it started, but what I feel for you is different from what I feel for him," I try to explain and hope he can understand the situation I'm placed in.

It's true. From what I feel for him is like a brotherly love than what I feel for Jungkook. Even though our relationship is still blossoming and we're getting to know each other, considering our situation and the sudden confession, I still liked to differentiate them.

And for the first time, he nods. He's reluctant to, but nevertheless, nods.

I take a step back. Clearly bewildered, I stare at the man who finally has accepted us. "I can never fully accept you both, but I have to live with it. I don't want to lose two friends, but I hope you know that I'll always wait for you," he states. I see his face strain, but I can tell he doesn't want to fight anymore.

I feel my heart skip a beat because this is the first time in a while I see my best friend. I stare up at him and wrap my arms around him. "Thank you. I'm sorry for everything, but I'm glad I can finally have you as best friend again,"

He places his hands on my arms and looks down onto me. "It doesn't mean I like it, though. I just realised last night that I miss having a friend to laugh with. I missed your stupid jokes," he playfully adds as he ruffles my hair.

I roll my eyes as I slap his hand away. However, a small smile still creeps onto my lips. "You're lame. My jokes are very entertaining – your humour is broken,"

"Okay, hit me with a joke then," he encourages with a smile. "Give it your best shot, sunshine," he waves his hand.

"Okay, okay, I got one," I say as I place a hand under my chin. "What did the blanket say as he fell off the bed?" I ask.

"Oh God, I don't even want to know," he smiles as he hides his face behind his hands. However, I grab them and make him listen to my insanely lame joke.

"No, just listen! What did he say?"

"Okay, what did he say?" He asks.

"Oh, sheet," I say with a loud laugh.

"No, that's so bad! What in the right mind did you think was good?" He booms with laughter as he shakes his head. "I'm leaving. I can't take more,"

"One more! Just one more!" I plead as I hold his hands. I laugh loudly as I stare at his expression of pure concern. "Everyone told Sam to not sing, but Samsung anyways," I cackle loudly.