Chapter Eighteen

The world is a sinking ship. I'm falling hostage as the ship is drowning to the depths of the seas, the ocean seeping through my roots, and it fills my lungs to the absolute core.

My eyes are wide open as I stare up at the glistening sunlight that seeps through the ocean's form. I stare as it tells me that there's little hope left and that all I need to do is just swim.

The ocean is midnight blue, washing away with baby blue that is projected from the sunlight at the top. I take in the moment as my lungs are not functioning without oxygen.

Hands slither around my face. Their texture of skin slithering over my face as they tug me from side to side. I keep falling to the depths of the sea, without a moment or hope flickering around.

I call out. My mouth opens, and my voice tries to escape. However, it's no use. My voice is lodged deep within its roots. It's trying to call out, but no one can hear me from the chaos of the sea.

That flicker of light. That splash of waves that cuts from the rippling of the sea. I watch as that one person; my person slips through and pushes themselves to their maximum speed.

My eyes hold his. His hand reaches out, and without a moment to spare, I grasp it within the palm of my hand. My grasp is tight around his. He doesn't let go, and neither do I. I splash through the waves and into the light.

My body jolts awake and it's shaking. Water is dripping from my face. My eyes land on Jungkook's, my person who managed to save me from this nightmare that drenched me in a sweat.

"Are you okay?" He asks. His eyes are wide, and his hands grip my face. "You were crying out. Talk to me," he pleads. He continues to gaze into my eyes as if his life depended on that.

My mouth opens and falls shut. My voice is lodged within my throat. My hand touches my face, and I feel the water dripping from my face. "What happened? Why am I wet?" I ask.

I can finally speak.

"I had to splash water on you. You couldn't wake up, and I needed you to. Was it a nightmare? Are you okay?" He asks once again. I can hear the desperation laced within his voice.

I recall the monstrous visions of the night that hold me hostage. It was all too vivid, as I recall the feelings and how real it felt to me. I recall the moment where I thought it was the end.

"I was drowning," my voice is hoarse, and my eyes finally land on him. "I feel like I'm drowing," my voice shakes. The tears begin to break loose, and I succumb to the depths of my feelings.

"I know I'm strong – I'm well aware, but I don't feel like I can get through this. I knew of the consequences, but I feel like it's getting to me. I can feel everyone's hands grabbing me – how do I escape, Jungkook? How?" I plead.

I don't stand a chance against everyone.

His arms grab me. He pulls me into his embrace as we remain tucked within the comfort of our bed. My head rests against his broad chest, his face tucked within the crook of my neck, and his hands attach to the back of my head.

"You're not alone," he whispers. I also feel the wetness of his cheeks pressed against my neck. He presses a soft kiss. "Whatever you're feeling is valid. No one said this is going to be easy, so all I can promise is that I can be there for you. We both have a mission to abide by, and I'm glad that you're that person I can complete it with," he whispers.

My hands grip the back of his shirt. I hold onto him as if my life depends on it, and I feel his heartbeat against my ear. I can feel and hear a heartbeat, beating alongside mine.

"You won't leave me, right?" I whisper.

He shakes his head slightly. "I'll fight for you. No matter how many people try to pull you away from me, I'll fight for you. I'll fight until my last breath. So, just hold on for me. Fight for me too," he pleads softly as his grasp tightens.