Chapter Fourteen

The freshly dim lights cast a soft yellowish glow that dawns upon the restaurant. It lights along the freshly trimmed trees, fairy lights hanging to bring upon some sort of romantic vibes.

The interior design, splashes of colour, and designs litter the walls, which create a strong sense of comfort. The crimson blood booths twirl around the tables, and my eyes land onto my father and Jungkook's parents within.

Jungkook and I don't dare to act touchy considering everyone wanted to announce our marriage through the apparent engagement party later on.

All the members slide into their seats, and I manage to sit beside Jungkook and in front of Taehyung. I evidently gulp considering the fact that Taehyung and Jungkook aren't in the best place.

"Glad you all can make it," my father says. He smiles at all of us, his dimples forming, and he nods slightly. "I thought something would've happened," he says as he runs a hand through his hair.

"Don't be so negative, Angelo," Jungkook's father interrupts. "These are grown adults who can take care of themselves," he smiles. He glances at Jungkook. "And he can take care of Aria quite fine, I believe," he continues on.

I suppress an eye roll. "If anything, I would assume Aria would protect him," Yoongi cracks his gummy smile. "Remember last time when Jungkook got held up and nearly got bombed? You had to save his ass," He teases.

I blink at him. "And you thought to bring this up, why?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Just trying to make a point," he mumbles as his eyes fall to the table.

"He nearly got killed, what?" Jungkook's mother interrupts, eyes widened. She glances between us all as she waits for us to speak up about the incident.

I, on the other hand, have no intention of getting into the details. "It's a long story. What matters is that we're here and we're safe," I try comfort her.

"I'm glad we're all here. Being with my son is enough for me, but being with people who made him feel safe and took him in fills me with such joy," Jeon Dae says as he gestures to all of us.

I feel Jungkook tense beside me. I can just feel him ready to strike back at him – how he wasn't there in his darkest moments in life. His blazing eyes stare his father down as he clenches his fists on the table beside me.

I reach up and place my hand onto his. I feel him release the tension, and he glances at me. He shakes his head as if he's asking me what's up with me.

"I'm glad to see you warming up to each other," my future mother in law says as she glances down to our hands. I know for a fact that Jungkook still hasn't had his moment to fully accept that these people are his parents and the full story of his childhood and how it came to be.

"I want this pasta," Hobi says as he points down to the options of the menu.

"You're so lame. Everyone knows to order this one," Jimin states as he points to the different kinds of meat, chicken and beef with rice and salad.

"We're not paying, so just get both, you idiots," Yoongi sarcastically adds.

"Cutting back on expenses will be good. Have you ever heard of that, Yoongi?" Namjoon asks with his smart ass brain.

"I mean, we're technically rich," Jin points out. "Every second money's rolling in, so I don't think it matters," he says as he looks through the menu.

The waiter finally attends to our table, and we all throw our orders to him. He jots them down, and we all take a moment to relax and wait for our meals that will soon come.