Chap. V: The Hateful Smiles.

{3rd POV: Beacon Academy (12:34 p.m.)}

We open up to see team RWBY still in class and with frowns on their face. Much to the dismay of Ruby and Yang, despite the fact that they had recently lost their parents, they we're given several day's off, to cope with their loses. And even after returning to the Academy, despite Yang slightly moving on. Ruby still felt a great depression that wasn't going away. So her team not wanting to force her, they left her in the dorm to rest.

And so as she rested all she could think about was both her family, sister and (Y/n). Not realizing that the person she was thinking about was much closer then she expected. Despite it taking several days to finally calm her down, she started making it to classes. At first her team and friends simply kept getting worried about her. But she simply smiled for them and powered through it. A smile that was similar to her Mother.

Despite her team clearly worried about her, she quickly smiles at them, seats down and starts writing notes in her notebook. Meanwhile far in the back of the class, we see (Y/n) with a faint bored look on her face.

After class the rest of team RWBY and their friends all left the class, with Ruby staying behind. Just then before she could have taken her leave, she turns to look at (Y/n) with a smile on her face, and waves at her. (Y/n) then waves back at her, meanwhile close to her, Emerald looking confused at her spoke.

"What did you do?"

(Y/n) evilly smiles before then looking at Emerald. "I simply pushed her in the right direction."

"What do you mean by that?"

{Flash Back}

Everything then transitions to several hours before class. We see as Ruby was walking across the school with a sad look on her face, with only one thing on her mind, her family. As she kept walking she stopped and noticed a vision of her mother, looking over her shoulder and smiling at her.

To Ruby the sight of Summer was enough to for her to drop to her knees, and begin to cry. Lucky for her no one was in the hallway at the time that is until a hand was placed on her shoulder, which forced Ruby to look back at the person revealed to be Akemi/(Y/n).

"Oh, I-Its you Akemi. What are you doing here?" Ruby said quickly drying her tears.

"I was just passing by, and I noticed that you were crying." Akemi shock her head and pretending to smile, all while also trying to console her. "Did something happen?"

"I... I... Its just."

Akemi gently petted Ruby's head, and tried to calm her down. "Hey its okay. Why don't you calm down first and calm your breathing. That okay with you?" Ruby nods back at her still with tears in her eyes. "Great!" She said holding on to Ruby's arms and slowly lifted her up. "Come on lets talk over there."

As the two was seating down on a bench. Lucky for them the rest of the school was mostly in class. Akemi didn't mind going to class, but had a great disliked of everything else. After some time had passed Ruby explained everything that happened about her loss. The loss of her family, and the pain she was going through.

"I see." Akemi sigh's before responding. "I know what your going through. I lost my family when I was a child. My home town was attacked by Grimm's that appeared out of nowhere. My mother and father wanting to protect me and said "Akemi you must escape and live. Live and make the world a better place". After the Grimm's had left I went back to try and find them, but the only thing I found was their lifeless bodies. At times I punished myself for their deaths. I wanted to just end it all, but what would have been the point. And so I then thought about just making their dreams come true and smile. So I think that you shouldn't punish yourself for something that was out of your control."