Chapter 3

Night's POV
Earlier this morning, Mrs. Kuntara said something about me having to tutor some some who's apparently failing this class. I agreed because I have nothing to do after school besides playing with my phone, so I thought this would do me good. Plus, I don't have anyone to talk to other than my sister, but now she's always out with her girlfriend.
As I was about to open my book, a figure approached my table and sat beside me. I used my peripheral vision because I don't want to completely face him.
Great, it's that North guy again.
He started mentioning the chocolate he gave to me yesterday. He said he saw me eating it when I wasn't looking. Fuck, he saw that?
I could feel my body temperature increasing and my ears turning red. I just want to be swallowed by mother Earth right now.
"It's okay, Night." he said. Shit. This is not good. He said my name.
At this point if having fire coming out of your ears was real, it would be happening to me. He started complimenting my hair... and if that wasn't enough, he said something about a forehead kiss. What is this guy trying to do?
Not long after, he handed out the same bar of chocolate he gave yesterday.
"Here, Phi saw that Nong Night really liked it..." he started. Did he just address himself as Phi and called me Nong? I'm freaking out and if he keeps going on with his flirtatious actions I will literally flip a table. Seriously, what is this guy trying to accomplish?
The chocolate from yesterday was unexpectedly delicious but I couldn't find it in Seven Eleven, so I accepted it and replied with a simple thank you.
This guy isn't so bad actually, maybe he's really trying to befriend me. You know what? Fuck it. I'll give him a chance. I've got nothing to lose anyway.
He started asking me simple questions and I answered shortly. Then he asked me if I was really passionate about Astronomy. I've already got so much words prepared. I mean, that's the whole reason why I got this scholarship— it was because I have several accomplishments and won competitions in the past related to Astronomy. God, I have so much things to say in such limited words. I've never talked to anyone else about Astronomy besides my sister, and without realizing, I was blurbing out words in one go to the acquaintance I said I didn't like yesterday. I apologized immediately and stopped talking. I thought he would move back to his original seat, but no, he said to continue. But that's not it, he said he liked listening to me talk about my passion and... he liked my sweet smile. If only he knew that no one's ever said that to me before. If only he knew my heart was racing as fast as Lightning McQueen.
So I continued talking and explaining about the topic being thought, because he looked absolutely clueless. How cute, he's older than me but he understands less.
The bell rang and it was finally time to go home. I met my sister out front because she said to pretend we don't know each other during school hours because it would be kind of embarrassing if people knew her little brother is in the same grade as her.
"P'Ongsa!" I shouted. The school's parking lot is quite far from the actual school building, so she didn't mind me calling her. She waved and told me to walk faster. I got in the car and she asked me how my day was.
"How are you enjoying your new school, Nong Sao (little sister)?"
"Nong Sao my ass, I'm your brother."
"You're too cute to be my little brother."
"Annoying."
"Have you made any friends?"
"Did you even see me in class?"
"Why would I? I was too busy texting my Sun."
"If you weren't smart you would've failed this class already. But yeah, I made one."
"See? I told you being the youngest one in class wouldn't be all bad. At least someone wants to be friends with you."
"He's a little... slow. But it makes me feel like I have power. You know, being smarter than someone older than me?"
P'Ongsa rubbed her hand on my head and messed it up. "Now my hair's messy!"
"As long as you're my little brother I have someone to tease on."
We drove home to find another another car parked on our carport. It was our parents' car. "Mae and Po are home?" I said, my eyes all lit up.
Our parents live in Pattaya to handle their hotel business, and they only come to Bangkok every twice a year. You could say P'Ongsa is technically my legal guardian because if I have to be honest, she takes care of me a little more than my parents do. Kind of pitiful, but I don't mind.
I got off the car immediately without even waiting for P'Ongsa to park. She honked at me but I just gave her a wai (a Thai gesture that goes like🙏) .
I entered the front door and came straight running to my Mae to hug her.
"You're not giving me one too?" said Po. "Naenon (of course)"
I'm so happy that they're back in Bangkok even though it's only for two weeks. P'Ongsa finally came and slapped me on the back of my head. "Ow!"
"Mae, Po, welcome home." she said while hugging them.
"How are my dek-dek (children)?"
"We're good, Mae"
"Lu (son), how are you settling into your new school? Do you like it?"
"I do, Mae."
"You guys go clean up first, I could smell your sweat from here. Dinner's ready in 2 hours."
I went up to my room to take a shower while listening to my current favorite song, Just Being Friendly. I don't care for love songs, as long as the song sounds good in my ears, I'll repeatedly listen to it until it rots. Before I stepped in the shower, I got a notification from Instagram.
northundra13 followed you on Instagram.
Did this guy just look for my name on the search bar and followed me? Stalker. Whatever, I'll follow him back.
I showered quickly before putting on a shirt. Ding. I opened my phone only to see that northundra13 sent me a message.

What the fuck? Should I play it out? This is going to be fun

What the fuck?
Should I play it out? This is going to be fun.