Chapter 4

North's POV

Holy shit. If only Night could see my live reaction right now. I didn't turn red at all, not the slightest bit when I was sitting beside him and flirting with him earlier today. Why now?
I calmed myself a little and thought of a brilliant idea. I'll play it out.

Night's POV

WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. FUCK. If this keeps on going on, I might just cause trouble to get myself out of this school. My god, what's wrong with me? Why can't I stop staring at the picture? No, no, no. This is crazy. No. But then again... WAIT NO! NIGHT THANAWAT THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!
I enlarged the picture so it fills my whole phone screen before my sister came barging in without knocking and saw it. I quickly turned off my phone but she obviously saw a picture of a shirtless man. An annoying smile appeared on her face as she said "I blinked once and my Nong Sao is all grown up... Your boyfriend?"
"No he's not my boyfriend and don't call me Nong Sao!"
"Don't be shy my little NaiNai (Night is pronounced Nai in a Thai accent), tell me about him!"
"He's not my boyfriend!" I shouted.
"I wonder how long it's gonna take for you to stop being in denial. We'll see!" she said before exiting my room.
I let out a loud exhale and shook my head. Now I know how people feels every time they say 'it's not what it looks like'

North's POV
How narak, he left me on read. Kid's probably speechless. I got off my phone to have a smoke break out in the balcony while enjoying the calm breeze brushing upon my face as the Bangkok stars lit up the night sky. There are never stars in Bangkok, but maybe there's some today because it rained earlier. First time I've seen stars in so long.
I lit up the tip of my cigarette and closed my eyes to enjoy inhaling the smoke as much as I could, but a vision of Night's face and his sweet smile popped up in my head the second my sight goes dark.

I opened my eyes immediately

I opened my eyes immediately. What the fuck? Has this kid really made me think about him? Oh no, this isn't happening.
I called Ongsa to meet me at our usual hangout spot. Thankfully, she picked up.
"Ongsa?"
"What do you want?"
"Harsh"
"Teerak, baby, do you need anything my love?"
"Ew"
"Say it"
"Let's hang in 30"
"Why didn't you say it earlier? I'm gonna be having dinner with my family!"
"Please?"
"Is it important?"
"Yes"
"If it's about that newly released New Jeans song I'm hanging up"
"I HAVE A CRUSH."
She paused a bit before saying "Oho, this is gonna be good. Usual?"
"Yeah"
"Be punctual. I have to go back before 8, my parents are here so I wouldn't wanna waste another minute without them"
"Your parents are there? Can I meet them?"
"And turn this into an engagement dinner?"
"If that makes Sun return you to me, perhaps?"
"You're gross"
"Can I just go there?"
"You wanna eat dinner with my family?"
"Come on, I've been friends with you for years and I never knew your parents because they're never home."
"Fine. You know my address right?"
"If one day I forget, immediately call the police, the real me might be kidnapped"
"Whatever. Wear something nice. Bye"
She immediately hung up the phone. Typical Ongsa.
I put on a simple button up shirt and used cologne. I decided to order a GrabCar instead because driving my motorcycle with its loud engine isn't going to make a good impression. If they heard it they'll immediately realize her best friend is a walking red flag.
I finally arrived at her house that I haven't visited in weeks. Sometimes, I actually pick her up and drop her off whenever she was too lazy to drive. I knocked on the door, expecting Ongsa or either of her parents to open it. But someone who I least expected to answer it was none other than... Night.
I was speechless. My jaw practically was on the ground at this point.
"Meung!" said Night. I've never heard Night say that before.
"Are you a sasaeng? How'd you know where I live? Where'd you find my address? I'm gonna call the pol-" Night was cut off by Ongsa's appearance. "North! Why didn't you tell me you arrived?" she said as she walked towards the door.
"This is my little brother, Night. Night, this is my friend, North"
"BEST friend" I said emphasizing it.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Come in, dude"
Night still didn't let out a word and could only look at me with such confusion.
Ongsa walked first, followed by me, and then Night as he closed the front door. I quietly said, not loud enough for Ongsa to hear, "Gonna call the police on me, you said?"
I greeted Ongsa's parents for the first time and sat down on the dinner table. I was sitting in between Ongsa and Night, while their parents sat across us. We started making casual conversations, and not long after, my phone vibrated. It's rude to have your phone ring so I knew to mute it beforehand. It was a notification from none the other, Night.

"OW!" I let out a little scream and everyone except Night looked at me all confused

"OW!" I let out a little scream and everyone except Night looked at me all confused. I could see Night was smiling beside me. Enjoying it, huh? Fine. I'll play along. We'll see where this goes. We may start out smoothly but I kind of enjoy this rivalry.
"Mae, Po (in Thailand, it's very normal for friends to call their friends' parents as such), where's the bathroom if I may ask?"
"Oh, it's down the hall to the right. Night, will you show Ongsa's friend where the bathroom is?"
Night paused for a bit as he squinted his eyes in annoyance. I let out a snarky smirk because I knew this would annoy the hell out of him. Maybe I'll tease him a bit.
"Kub, Mae"
He got up his seat and started to lead me. I purposely made the back of our hands touch and he flinched. "What was that for?" he asked in his sulky tone.
"Shy?"
"If you get on my last nerve I'll join you pee and aim my piss at you"
Night was much shorter and smaller than me so listening to him being angry isn't scary at all, it's like seeing a little cat sulking.
"Seriously though, the three of us are in one class together and Ongsa didn't even once mention you. Did she even see me sitting beside you in class earlier today?"
"She asked me if I made a friend which kinda tells me she didn't, otherwise she wouldn't have asked me that if she saw that I was talking to someone. That was before you texted me though, I wouldn't admit you as my friend if I knew you were this weird. Here, the bathroom"
"Wait for me"
"Gross. You know your way back. I'm leaving"
"You said you'll pee with me"
"Why? Do you wanna be pissed on so bad?"
"Fuck off!"
I entered the bathroom just as Night left. I quickly washed my hands afterwards and went back to the dinner table. Suddenly thunder struck and it started raining. Fuck. It was the month of October so Bangkok had been raining a lot recently.
"North, where do you live?"
"In the Ari area, Mae"
"That's really far from here. It's dangerous for you to go home in a bad weather like this. Why don't you stay over?"
And sleep with Ongsa? Absolutely not. She snores and turns 180 degrees in her sleep and wakes up with her feet on my face while her head is on the opposite side of the bed. I slept over once when she was home alone and I was worried about leaving her all by herself.
"You could sleep with Night"
Shit. How could I forget Ongsa and I were the opposite gender? Me being in one bed with her is the last thing Mae could think of. As I was about to refuse, another loud thunder struck. I ended up giving in.
"Okay, Mae. But I didn't bring any clothes, I didn't think it was gonna rain and I didn't think I was gonna stay over"
"You can use Night's"

This is gonna be fun.