✦You✦

Cause I ain't got patience to slow down the bass

All your girlfriends are wasted, they need it,

they chase it.

~

Before I knew it, I was back in the same place as before.

The rain continued to pelt down on me. My breathing was rapid, but the longer I stood there, the more it calmed down. Drenched in water and confused, I just stood there for a while trying to organize my thoughts. My gaze wandered to my right hand. The thread was gone.

"What the hell was that-" I mumbled, suddenly realizing that someone was holding a large black umbrella over my head. I turned and looked into Chan's kindly smiling eyes.

"Here. Take the umbrella, you're soaking wet." I blinked at him with my mouth slightly open, but then I had to smile. "Thanks, but then you'll get wet."

"We can use it together."

I smiled even wider. That's how I knew my hyung.

"Tell me, what's your name?" it suddenly came from him and my smile disappeared. Was he kidding me? "Uhh... Han Jisung. I'm Han Jisung." Chan smiled dimples. "I'm Bang Chan. Nice to meet you, Jisung."

I stared at him as if he had just said "you're a wizard, Jisung". What did he mean by "nice to meet you"? Did he want to trick me? My mouth curled into a small smile and I lowered my eyes to the floor. He definitely wanted to trick me. 100%, and I was sure the others would play along with it.

It was probably all Hyunjin's idea. We've been at each other's hair a lot lately and didn't miss an opportunity to tease each other. My grin widened.

Well, then I decided to just play along.

"Nice to meet you too, Chan."

~

The bus stop was very close to the school and I only really wanted to take the bus because of the rain, but running with Chan was a lot more fun.

When the bell rang he said goodbye to me and we went our separate ways, even though I knew we were actually in the same class. I walked into the classroom with a wry grin and threw my soaked bag beside my chair.

"Yeah, quokka."

I immediately had to grin when I heard Hyunjin's voice. "What do you want, giraffe?" I replied and Hyunjin's grin widened even further. He put a pack of chocolate milk on my table, put both hands on the tabletop and leaned over me with a wide grin. "Where's Minho? You usually come to school together."

My smile faded.

Why did he have to mention Minho...

"Stop it. We agreed not to talk about it." "About what?" asked Changbin, who sauntered over to my desk and leaned slightly against Hyunjin. Hyunjin immediately pretended to collapse under Changbin's weight.

"AHH, HYUNG YOU ARE SO HEAVYYY!! GET OFF MEE!!!" he exclaimed overly dramatically and Changbin raised his hand ready to smack him.

Meanwhile, i silently stared at the wall, lost in thought. Today was a weird day. First I fell through a puddle, then Channie Hyung suddenly had amnesia and now Hyunjin mentioned Minho...

He wouldn't even say his name for a prank, it would hurt him too much. His death had hit him hard too.

"Guys, do you know where Minho is? He wanted to help me with geography, if he doesn't come today I'll fail my test..." mumbled Jeongin, coming up from behind. Hyunjin and Changbin immediately stopped arguing and turned their attention to the youngest.

Hyunjin threw himself onto Jeongin and hugged him until he almost died while Changbin looked around. "That's right, Minho only skips class when all of us are together. Do you know where he is, Jisung?" I blankly stared at Changbin. Had everyone lost their memories now? Was it all a dream? Did I fall asleep on the bus?

My hands were shaking.

"Changbin... Minho has been dead for a year now, you know that..." I stammered and Changbin's smile crumbled. "Uh... what?"

Hyunjin gave me a confused look and laughed dryly, but it sounded more uncertain than happy. "Wh-what are you talking about? Listen Jisung, you're scaring me. How can he be dead? You guys snuck onto the school roof together yesterday and took tons of photos. Don't try to play us."

Jeongin struggled out of Hyunjin's arms and eyed me with concern. "Tell me Jisung, is everything alright? You're totally absent. And you're pale too." Hyunjin and Changbin nodded in agreement and I just blinked.

What the hell was going on here?

Why did everyone act like last year never happened?

Why was everyone pretending Minho was alive?

At that moment, the classroom door opened and a person entered the room. A person I knew only too well.

Minho.