✦A.✦

Boy, I'm not with it, I'm way too far gone

I'm not ready, eyes heavy now.

~

I opened my eyes.

A hot tear escaped from the corner of my eye and rolled down my cheek, then another one. Minho had died again. I couldn't stop it.

A sharp pain shot through my chest and took my breath away. Apparently the time loop didn't heal cracked ribs. I looked down at myself.

Neither that, nor the countless bruises.

I raised my eyes and looked around. I had a plan. I wasn't sure if it would work, but it was worth a try. "Chan should be here in a minute-" I muttered to myself just as Chan came walking around the corner of the house. When he saw me standing in the rain, he jogged towards me.

'Here. Take the umbrella, you're soaking wet.', that's what he would say. He had already opened his mouth, but I grabbed his shoulders and pulled him aside, causing the dark blue umbrella to float to the ground. "No Chan, I'm not taking your umbrella. Your name is Christopher Bang, you're 18 years old, you're from Sydney, your parents run a swimming school there and you almost drowned in apple juice when you were 9 years old."

Chan's mouth dropped open and he stared at me. "Wa-" I cut him off and just kept talking. "Now listen to me carefully. I'm Han Jisung. You're coming to my class today and you're going to be friends with me over the next year. I'm from the future though, and right now I'm stuck in a time loop that's changing every time, and that repeated as soon as a friend of mine, well, ours, dies, making everyone except me loose their memories of this day."

Chan couldn't help but nod, water dripping from his brown curls, even if you could see that he was completely overwhelmed with the situation. "I swear I'm not crazy. It's up to you wether you believe me or not, but I'm asking you to help me. I have to save him." I looked him dead serious in the eyes and he nodded.

"Wow. Well... that was just a lot of information... uh... sure, I'll help you. I have to... well..." he stammered and blinked several times. "You have to help me stop Minho from going to this date. It's important, on the way there he'll get hit by a car."

Chan blinked hard again and swallowed. "Who is Minho again?"

"You will get to know him." I nodded to him. "It's best if we go to school now, otherwise we'll be late for class."

~

I said goodbye to Chan in front of the secretary's office and shortly afterwards, i entered the classroom. "Now pull yourself together Jisung, otherwise Minho will think you're insane or sick again..." I quietly said to myself and fell onto my seat.

"Yeah, quokka."

I grinned. Show time.

"Hey giraffe. How's the air up there?" Hyunjin leaned against my table and briefly looked at the chocolate milk carton in his hand before turning to me. "Where's Minho? You usually come to school together." I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. He wasn't there today somehow."

Nailed it.

Hyunjin perked up and lifted his head. "Did you guys fight or something?" I shook my head. "Not that I know of, no. Maybe he's just too late. Who knows."

Hyunjin put a clear straw in the chocolate milk and gave it to me. "Anyhow. This is for you."

"Thanks."

I took the milk and took a sip. It was really sweet and the taste got stuck on my tongue.

Hyunjin watched me sip the milk with a satisfied expression on his face, not even noticing Changbin leaning against him with his full weight.