✦Loose✦

I opened my eyes and looked up at the sky. The sun shone brightly, warming my face, and a gentle breeze rustled the leaves on the trees. The bus stop looked as boring as always.

The rain was over.

The game was over.

And I had won.

I was back in the present.

Felix had said that I would lose my memories of the loops, but that wasn't the case. I remembered every second. And yet it made me so incredibly happy that I had made it.

I had saved Minho.

I had saved Hyunjin.

I had saved myself.

I balanced on the pavement with a slight spring and tried to keep my balance, which didn't work so well. I stumbled and in the next few seconds sat on the sun-warmed asphalt roadside.

"You okay? Are you hurt?" a voice asked me and I turned my head in the direction the voice was coming from. Chan was leaning over me and holding out a hand, grinning. "You really have to be more careful, Jisung."

Hearing my name from him made me smile.

Everything was back to normal.

I grabbed Chan's hand and let him pull me to my feet. Laughing, I wiped the dust off my pants and walked with him to school while he rolled next to me on his skateboard.

The sun's light filtered through the canopy of the trees and painted pretty spots on the ground that swayed to the beat of the wind.

In the classroom, I cheerfully high-fived Changbin, tousled Jeongin's hair with a broad smile, and pulled an Airpod out of Seungmin's ear to listen to Day6 songs with him.

Everything was back to normal.

Only Felix wouldn't show up again.

He probably had other assignments now and was helping a person save his other half. I smiled lightly.

I would miss him.

The door to the classroom opened and Minho strolled into the room, grinning. "Minho in the Building, and once again I managed not to be late!" he shouted enthusiastically and Seungmin sighed softly.

I put Seungmin's airpod on his table and slalomed around the tables to meet Minho.

However, he put his arm around my waist and kissed me gently.

I blinked at him in surprise and Changbin leaned against Chan's table, grinning. "The title "School Couple of the Year" suits you."

Wait, were we the school couple of the year? What had happened between Minho and I in the past year? What did I miss?

I pushed my thoughts aside and wrapped my arms around Minho's neck.

It didn't matter now. I would find out eventually.

I kissed the tip of Minho's nose with a grin and smiled at him.

"School couple of the year" sounded good.

But one thing made me curious.

"Uh, Hannie, what are you doing...?" he asked confused as I let go of him and grabbed the hem of his shirt.

"Hold still." I whispered softly to Minho and lifted his shirt. So yes.

Minho's right side bore a scar about as long as my little finger. It didn't really look like a gunshot wound, more like a spiraling cut.

"Where did you get that?" I asked and Minho laughed softly.

"Uh, funny story...I don't remember. I just remember waking up in the hospital about a year ago with a bunch of bandages around my stomach. You used to visit me every day, don't you remember ?