✦Broken✦

Heart on your sleeve like you've never been loved,

running in circles, now look what you've done.

Give you my word as you take it and run

Wish you'd let me stay, I'm ready now.

~

I stepped out of the puddle and fell to my knees. Tears flowed down my cheeks.

Why?

Why did he do that?

How could Hyunjin do such a thing?

I didn't know if my tired eyes were playing tricks on me or if the puddle I was sitting in had really turned red.

I could still see Hyunjin in my mind's eye, those icy eyes that didn't show any emotion.

I felt like someone tied my hands behind my back and threw me into a tank of water.

Helpless.

I shouted into the rain. I sank to my knees. I stared at my own reflection in the puddles, sobbing so hard it hurt my chest. "This doesn't make sense..." i wimpered silently and scratched the groud with my fingernails.

Then, all of a sudden, my hands balled into fists and I stood up determinedly. There was only one person who could explain all this to me.

And that was Hyunjin himself.

With fast steps I walked across the street and in the direction of the school, I didn't even wait for Chan to catch up with me.

I didn't have time for small talk.

My steps got faster and faster and I started to run unconsciously. I sprinted the rest of the way to the schoolhouse, where I ran up the stairs and kicked open the classroom door. All of the students around me turned and stared at me.

Hyunjin too.

He had just had a conversation with Jeongin and looked startled at the door when it flew open. I just stood in the doorway for what felt like an eternity, breathing heavily, staring into Hyunjin's eyes, the same eyes that had seemed cold as steel minutes earlier.

He was already holding the chocolate milk carton, the same hands he had used to murder Minho minutes earlier.

And yet... he hadn't done... any of that.

Not yet.

"J-jisung... everything alright...?" Changbin asked hesitantly, but I silently raised my hand to signal him that he'd better shut up. "Hwang Hyunjin." I growled, but forced myself to control myself. If I said a wrong word, Minho could die again.

"Can we talk for a minute?"

Hyunjins continued to stare at me.

"Sure, what's up?" His face brightened slightly and he smiled, but after seeing him stained with Minho's blood, his smile left me cold.

"Not here."

Hyunjin gave Jeongin the chocolate milk and hesitantly followed me into the empty parking lot. Here I had left him out in the rain a few loops earlier. And now here we are again.

I gritted my teeth.

I told you i'd come back.

"Quokka, what's wrong? Your eyes are so red, were you crying?" Hyunjin asked, but I ignored his questions and gave him a hurt look.