✦That✦

All of your friends have been here for too long

They must be waiting for you to move on...

~

I opened my eyes, breathing heavily, staring into space. The rain kept pouring down on me and I was soaked to the bone. My heartbeat had the rhythm of a car engine and my hands were shaking like crazy.

I had seen Minho die.

But how was that possible? What happened? Where was i just now?? I looked around confused. I was back at the bus stop and the rain was still pouring as hard as before. Unable to move, I just stood there and stared at the floor. Suddenly I heard a voice behind me and someone held out a large black umbrella.

"Here. Take the umbrella, you're soaking wet."

My blood went cold.

I heard that somewhere before...

"Uh, thanks Chan Hyung, but you'll get wet otherwise..." I mumbled while turning to face the smiling Bang Chan.

"We can use it toge-" Chan stopped. "Wait. How do you know my name?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Because I know you. Because we've been friends for a year. Because you are one of my favorite people in this world.

I wanted to say that, but I had the feeling that he wouldn't understand me.

"It's, uh, it's a magic trick." I said instead and Chan looked at me in amazement. "Impressive... uh.. and what's your name?"

I forced myself to smile sadly. "Han Jisung. Nice to meet you."

~

It was the same at school too.

"Yeah, quokka."

I was too tired to smile. "What do you want, giraffe?" I replied coldly and Hyunjin's grin slowly disappeared. "Are you okay? Do you have a cold?" I shook my head. "No, just tired." Hyunjin nodded understandingly and leaned across my table towards me. "Where's Minho? You usually come to school together."

Memories flashed before my inner eye.

The car.

Minho.

The bridge.

The puddles.

The rain.

The Red Thread.

Everything played out again at breathtaking speed, so fast, it made my head hurt.

I must have stared in silence for quite a while because Hyunjin had furrowed his brows and leaned closer to me. "You sure you're okay? Do you want something to drink?" He held out a pack of chocolate milk to me.

I hesitantly shook my head. Hyunjin put the package on my table with a confused and concerned look on his face. "It's for you anyway."

I kept staring at the wall. Changbin had come in and leaned on Hyunjin, causing a minor argument as Hyunjin couldn't seem to support Changbin's weight. My forehead was furrowed. It all seemed so familiar to me...

It's like playing an old tape in a broken tape player and a piece of the tape got stuck. A scene repeated itself over and over again. If that was really the case, then it would have to-

I looked at the door the moment it opened.

"Minho in the Building, I hope I'm not late." Minho called the class with a grin. My heart stopped for a second when I saw his bright smile. Seungmin raised objection, but I didn't really listen anymore.