✦2.✦

Heart on your sleeve like you've never been loved

Running in circles, now look what you've done-

Give you my word as you take it and run...

Wish you'd let me stay, I'm ready now.

~

"I'm going to rip your heart out. I'm going to cut it into pieces. I'm going to set it on fire. Bit by bit."

I stared at him in bewilderment. He had lost his mind. Suddenly, with one quick movement, Hyunjin pulled his jackknife from his pocket and snapped it open. He stalked me menacingly and I narrowed my eyes as he knelt down beside me, the cold metal brushing against my skin.

But instead of hurting me, he cut the bonds.

"I'm leaving you for a while now. My people are all over the house." He folded his knife and smiled coldly.

"One wrong move and Minho dies."

I wanted to ask him why he cut the bonds, but I already knew it myself.

He enjoyed having power over me even when I wasn't tied up on his floor. He enjoyed the thought of me, running through the endless hallways of this godforsaken house, having to fear for my and for Minho's life whenever I took a turn.

I watched him walk to the door, and on the threshold he turned and gave me one last look. "I warned you."

The moment the door slammed shut behind him, I sat up and massaged my chafed wrists. The zip tie marks were still clearly visible. I quickly ran to the door and pressed an ear against it.

I heard footsteps receding, then it suddenly became quiet. 

I cautiously turned the handle and glanced down the corridor ahead. I had to act quickly.

Because I didn't have much time.

It wasn't long until sunrise and by then we had to head back into the rain. At dusk, the time gates would open one last time, and after that they would remain closed.

That was what Hyunjin was trying to achieve. In this loop, he had the power, he was in control.

And he wanted it to stay that way.

I took a step into the aisle and almost twisted my ankle. I was still dizzy and struggling with the effects of the drug.

I braced myself briefly against the door frame and blinked a few times.

Then I started moving.

I ran through the hallways looking for doors Minho might be behind. Some doors were closed and silent, many rooms were empty.

It seemed to me that the corridors were endless.

It seemed as if I was trapped in a maze.

Suddenly I heard a noise. I stopped and listened. I even stopped breathing to hear it better.

It was almost a whisper, more like a breath.

I heard my name, over and over again, and as I looked in the direction the whisper was coming from, I noticed the red thread.

It emanated from my pinky and spanned down the hallway to the next corner where it deflected and led to the left. I smiled lightly.

The thread showed me where Minho was.

Without thinking further, I followed the red thread, and just as I was turning the next corner, a nasty surprise awaited me.

I stopped, skidding and breathing heavily, my heart stopping for a moment.