✦Heart✦

Just give me some time and space to realize

That you were busy lying, sleeping 'round with other guys

~

I was here again.

At this god forsaken bus stop.

I had already stopped counting how many times I stumbled out of the puddles here.

What did Hyunjin say again in the last loop?

"You're not the only one getting tired of these time loops."

Did he remember? Was he caught in the loops too? But why? My temples throbbed. That changed everything... Had he always been the same from the start?

I spun in circles and ran my fingers through my wet hair.

Then I started walking.

No, I ran.

I didn't know where my legs were actually taking me until I stood in front of Minho's front door. I would just catch him at home. Out of breath I rang the bell and waited impatiently.

His mother answered.

"Oh, hello Jisung. If you're looking for Minho, he's already gone." I quickly bowed.

"Goodbye Mrs. Lee. Have a nice day."

She smiled at me briefly, then I turned around and ran along the path that Minho always took when he went to school.

I soon recognized his silhouette in the distance, he had an umbrella, but I recognized him immediately. And I also realized that he was not alone.

Someone was with him.

I sprinted off, ready to pull Minho aside or take a bullet for him. But nothing of the sort was necessary.

The person with him was Felix.

"Fe- I mean, who are you?" I gasped as I came to a halt next to Minho. Felix's expression remained serious. "You know who I am, Jisung.

And at the same time you have no idea."

I blinked in confusion. Felix knew me? From where? We hadn't even met in this loop. He couldn't know me at all. Unless...

"You're trapped in this time loop too??" Felix sighed. "I wouldn't call it trapped, but yes."

I ran my fingers through my hair. "Who else?? Chan? Seungmin? The biology teacher? Park Seojoon!?"

Felix laughed. "No, no. Just you, Hyunjin and me."

Meanwhile, Minho looked back and forth between the two of us, confused. "Wait, what are you talking about? What time loop? Who's trapped? And where are you suddenly coming from, Hannie?"

Felix turned to Minho. "Jisung is trapped in a time loop. This happens more often than you think."

Minho seemed even more confused than before and Felix smiled slightly. "I'll explain it to you.

Everyone has a second half. Like the yin has the yang and the light has the shadow, without each other these two people cannot live properly. These people are called soul mates. They are connected with a red thread on their little fingers."

Minho and I looked at our hands. The red thread had reappeared and both ends were tied to our little fingers respectively. We looked at each other.

"We are..."

"...soul mates?"

Felix nodded. "Without their other half, a person perishes, slowly and painfully, from the inside out. And to prevent that, every person who loses their soulmate has a second chance to save that person. A time warp."