✦Know✦

Face it

You want it, you crave it.

Believe when I say that you'll know once you taste it.

~

At that moment, the classroom door opened and a person entered the room. A person I knew only too well.

"Minho in the Building, I hope I'm not late." Minho exclaimed, grinning and under the protests of Seungmin, who pulled an airpod out of his ear. "Yah, I literally own copyright on that sentence!"

I just stared at him. I didn't know how to react. Should I be happy? Should i be sad? Furious? Scared? What should I feel? Happiness? Pain? I didn't know the answer, I just knew he was there.

Minho was there.

Right in front of me.

He wasn't imaginary. Not this time.

"Minho, tell Jisung not to scare us so much. He said something about you being dead and looked like a corpse himself." Jeongin exclaimed and Minho laughed.

"Yah, why are you telling him that, Hannie? Do I look dead to you?" he asked and grabbed my hand. His hand was warm and soft and he squeezed mine lightly. "Jisung, are you... all right?"

I didn't get to answer because the teacher entered the class and eyed me and Minho suspiciously. "Get back to your seat please, mister Lee."

Minho gave me one last warm look and tried to let go of my hand. I, on the other hand, held his tightly. "Don't let go. I won't lose you again. Not again."

The slightly older boy blinked in confusion and finally just dropped onto the empty seat next to me. "Then I'll stay here."

Meanwhile, the teacher had walked to the door and invited two people into the room.

Chan and Felix.

"Okay class, everyone listen up. These are the new students, would you like to introduce yourselves?" she asked with a smile and made a sweeping hand gesture.

"Uhh, I'm Felix, I'm 17 years old and I'm from Australia. Please take good care of me." Felix said in an uncertain voice and bowed deeply. He was visibly nervous and his Korean was only mid.

I blinked in confusion.

Actually, Felix's Korean had gotten much better in the last year...

Chan had noticed how nervous Felix was and gently stroked his back. "I'm Bang Chan, 18 years old and I'm also from Australia. I'm happy to be part of this class from now on." He also bowed and sat down next to Felix in an empty seat by the window, against which the pouring rain was still aggressively pounding.

Still holding Minho's hand under the table, I slightly smiled. Minho was back. And that's all I needed to know.

No matter how confusing the current situation was, no matter how many questions piled up in my head, nothing mattered. Just Minho's warm hand and the even warmer smile on his lips. That's all I've wanted for the past year.

And now I had it again.

~

The teacher ended the class before the bell rang because she had some urgent parent talks. Among other things, with the parents of Jeongin and Changbin.

"I'm as good as dead..." Jeongin moaned softly while packing his things. "Oh, you're smart. I think. You can handle it. As for Changbin, he should be more worried-" For this comment, Seungmin received a slap on the shoulder and we had to laugh out loud.