Attacked

Two Years Later

The seasons had ebbed and flowed since Omid's death. A lot had happened to the group of survivors, but still so much had stayed the same. The group had slowly made their way around the forests of Georgia, keeping to themselves where they could.

Out of desperation they had joined a small settlement towards the end of Christa's pregnancy, but the baby was stillborn and the community fell a month after the birth.

In the end, the dead always win.

Lee, Carley and Y/N had managed to get Christa and Clementine out as the small community fell.

They resumed their never ending trek onwards, looking for food, or shelter, or preferably both.

—~—

It was early evening as the group of five sat around a campfire, or a pathetic excuse of one, as they attempted to get a fire started to cook a weasel Y/N had caught. Pickings were slim and they had to take what they could get. Winter was beginning to come in, and as it was the third winter since they left Savannah, that made Y/N 14 and Clementine 13. It had been difficult at times finding clothes for the pair, especially Y/N, who wouldn't stop growing and was only three or four inches below Lee now. Clem though wasn't quite at five foot yet and Y/N took a lot of pleasure reminding her about it.

Y/N was wearing cargo pants, and a black hoodie he had 'found' in his size, and he still had his crossbow and knife of course, as well as a 9mm handgun he had behind his back for emergencies. He only had three bullets in the magazine, it had been a while since they had came across some, and was for emergency use only. His crossbow dealt with most of his day to day needs, though there too, he was running low on arrows.

Clementine was dressed in jeans and a purple long sleeve shirt, and her ever present D hat of course.

She also sported Y/N's Savage Sons biker vest which no longer fitted him

"It's no good this is all too wet to burn" Carley said grumpily as she and Lee attempted to light the tinder they had gathered.

"For fucks sake let me do it!" Y/N snapped frustratedly. Carley had taken a firm mothering role with him the last few years and would not let him catch the food and cook the food, despite his frustrated protests. She looked at Clementine who was, as ever, right next to Y/N, cuddling up to him and holding her hands in his larger ones. It brought Clem constant relief to run her fingers along the prominent scar that crossed his left hand, a constant reminder of what he would endure for her.

It made Clementine feel all warm and fuzzy inside whenever she thought about it. Carley smiled at the pair and nudged Lee, who looked over and smiled. It was plainly obvious to anyone that Clem had a massive crush on Y/N, and that Y/N felt the same way back.

The problem was Y/N was completely oblivious to not only what his own feelings meant, but also the presence of Clementine's.

"You keep him there and make him rest, ok, Sweetpea?" Carley asked Clem, who smiled and nodded.