Walker Guts

The group left the house with only their bags on their backs. They headed off towards the west and the direction Pete had been when Y/N, with his crossbow in his arms, said loudly "one minute."

He came to a stop, as did the others, Clementine looking at her best friend with concern. Her fears were realised as he said:

"Clemmy I need you to stay close to Luke, ok. Luke you give me your word right now that you're gonna protect her with your life."

Clementine responded weakly with "Y/N no" as Luke glanced at Nick with confusion, then back to Y/N and answered:

"Yeah I will, but why?"

"I'm goin' on a wide loop. This Carver fella said he was out to the east, so I'm gonna head south, then swing around. After you hit the van you're gonna head north right?" Y/N asked, pointing with his hand as he did.

Luke nodded and Y/N replied: "I'll keep swinging round and then meet you to the north. With any luck I'll sneak up on this prick and see what we're up against."

Clementine closed her eyes in sadness, knowing there was no way she could hope to change Y/N's mind. Not when he had decided on something.

"You sure man? You sure you'll be able to find us?" Luke asked, shocked at the teen's words.

"Yeah. I been trackin' through woods since I could walk. A big group as noisy as you lot, yeah it won't be a problem" Y/N chuckled.

Clementine rushed and hugged Y/N tightly, Y/N hugging back with the one arm that was wasn't holding his crossbow. Most of the group smiled at their interaction, one noticeably didn't as she asked:

"Can I go with you?"

Y/N looked at the girl Sarah with an expression that crossed bewilderment and  indignation as he responded:

"No"

Carlos began berating Sarah for her recklessness and insisted she would never be allowed to go with someone 'like him.'  Y/N instantly blocked them both out, turning to Clementine and asking:

"You know what to do if Merle pulls in the driveway?"

Clementine knew instantly what Y/N's question meant as Alvin and Rebecca, who were closest to the teens, looked puzzled. It was a code they used between themselves. Y/N had asked what to do if the shit hit the fan.

"Pull a Ben" Clementine replied and Y/N nodded. If there was trouble she was to run away. Y/N would find her. He would always find her.

—~—

Y/N had gone a few clicks south before he started tracking east. After about half an hour he came across a mini horde of about 15 walkers. They were milling around aimlessly and he silently avoided them without alerting them to his presence. He continued onwards before approaching a campsite.

He knelt down in the bushes, listening to a man with a gravelly voice bark orders at the others.

"You've got ten minutes to have everything in the cars! We're moving on them. Now hurry up!"

Y/N smiled. The man was so arrogant he had told Clem the truth about where his people were, just like Y/N thought he had. Y/N counted about six people, maybe eight, but it was hard to be sure without getting too close. He suddenly smiled sadistically to himself as a horrendous plan formed in his mind.

—~—

The group had been walking for about ten minutes, Clementine extremely quiet before Luke asked:

"Now, you said it was just up here?"

"Yeah. Just a little ways" Clementine replied with a sadness in her voice.