The Purest of Pure and the Darkest of Dark

A/N: Trigger warning. This chapter gets graphic.

"My baby, my baby" Rebecca smiled as she held her arms out, ignorant of the pain she was just in.

Kenny smiled, handing the tiny baby, who was wrapped in a towel from the gift shop, to his mother, saying as he did:

"Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy, Becca."

Rebecca cuddled her newborn son, as Kenny turned to the smiling faces of the others and said with a tired voice:

"Alright guys head to the next room, Bec's gonna need to breastfeed and I'll need you, Bonnie and Jane, to help clean Becca in her, uh lady parts."

The others smiled and left to go to the untility room, Jane complaining about why she had to do it. Y/N stopped and said to Kenny and Rebecca:

"I've got baby formula, in the truck, along with diapers and bottles. Grabbed everything I could that looked baby related."

"Yeah, Bill had us stock up for when the baby came" Bonnie said sadly, thinking of her friends back at Howes.

"We'll go when the walkers clear out. I'm sorry about Sar-" Y/N spoke with sincerity but cut himself off, unable to process the guilt he was feeling.

"We could hear what happened. You did everything you could, son" Kenny replied as Rebecca wiped a tear from her eye.

"I'll give y'all some space" Y/N replied, abruptly turning and leaving the gift shop. He entered the utility room next door where the others were sat and painfully lowered himself to the floor next to Clem, sliding down against the wall for support.

"How are you feeling, Y/N?"

"Not too good Clemmy. Not too good" Y/N replied gingerly. His left arm was holding his abdomen as he leant his head back against the wall behind him with his eyes closed.

"How's your uh- where- your stomach Y/N?" Clementine asked with deep concern. Y/N chuckled without opening his eyes.

"Sore. Real sore. I could block it out while shit was going down, but I think it's catching up to me."

"That would be adrenaline for you, Y/N" Luke said with a smile across from the teens: "and when it runs out pain can hit you like a tonne of bricks."

"Ain't that the truth" Y/N chuckled.

"Here have two of these, Y/N" Clementine said as she held the bottle of tablets out for him. Y/N opened his eyes and looked down, asking:

"What are these?"

"OxyContin" Clementine replied with a smile.

Y/N looked shocked. He knew oxy's- Merle had a nasty addiction to them and he was an even worse cunt than usual when he was coming down from them.

"Where the hell did you get Oxy's from Clem?" Y/N asked.

Before Clem could answer Luke replied:

"She and Jane robbed some guy for them,   there's a whole bag of meds in the next room."

"You robbed him?" Mike asked in shock.

"He was a junkie hiding them in the garbage. I was worried about Rebecca and Y/N and Kenny" Clementine fired back.

Y/N swallowed down four of the tablets, Clem giving him a small cup of water she quickly grabbed from the other room- water fished out from the large bottle Mike had found and a cup from the gift room. Y/N gulped the lot down and then asked plain as day:

"Did you kill him?"

Clementine shook her head, replying:

"I told Jane to. She threatened him instead."