Wattpad Original
There are 28 more free parts

Chapter 27

STELLA

The pads of my bare feet slapped rhythmically on the cool stone tiles of the veranda at the back of the function hall. Immediately after the conclusion of the speeches, I had abandoned my bastard heels under the table.

Outside, the evening was bordering on chilly. The stars were partially concealed with slithers of grey clouds, and a gentle breeze carried the tang of salt and freshness on its currents. I reached the wooden balustrade at the opposite end of the empty veranda, settling my flute glass down on one of the high, round tables with a gentle grating clink- tables set about for smokers or people looking to get away from the furore inside.

Like myself.

But I had other reasons for being outside.

Reasons that were spanning my waist and hips with long fingers, pulling me back against a warm and solid barrier of a chest that coaxed an endless smile to curl the corners of my lips into my cheeks. Killian dipped his head, lips trailing a tantalisingly blazing trail up the column of my neck, breath warm against my cheek, until he found my ear.

"I should take you over my knee for that story you shared about Sipho and I," he murmured darkly.

"Promises, promises."

"Don't tease me, Stella." He nipped my ear, playfully, and a thrill needled down my spinal column. "I might just do it right here, right now."

I wriggled against him, finding his cock hard and pressing against my backside. "It wasn't that bad," I protested with a grin. "How was I supposed to know you wouldn't want the story of how you and Sipho met Sadie known by everyone? Rolling down a grassy hill drunk and passing out in the bushes outside one of the girls' residences is hardly unheard of at university."

"Yes, but you didn't have to add that we were naked," he muttered.

I found his fingers and entwined them with mine, holding our joined hands against my body as I tipped my head back against his shoulder, giving him further access to the side of my neck.

"That's the best part," I said on a breathless moan when I felt his teeth skate along the sensitive ridges of my flesh presented to him.

"I'm prone to agree with you," he told me, his voice muffled since his lips were buried against my neck, "but before we venture further down that path, would you like to tell me something?"

I knew what he was getting at, but I was enjoying being in his arms, the warmth of his body against mine, the fullness of his dick pressing into my softness. We were alone, having chosen an area that was a bit further away from the main hall of the function area, therefore nobody was likely to disturb the conversation, or the explicit way Killian was kissing a path down my shoulder.

And since the speeches had concluded, there was a blissful moment of reprieve while guests were served the main courses. For the time being, nothing was required of Killian and I.

Which meant it was probably the best time to have this conversation- the one where I'd tell him that I was ready to take another chance on us, that I was ready to commit to whatever this was... that I could see a future with him.

A smile tipped the corners of my lips up and I turned in his arms so that I could wrap my own around his shoulders. He'd discarded his suit jacket, leaving him in the white collared shirt, the sleeves of which he had rolled up to his elbows to reveal his inked forearms, and a deep teal waistcoat hugged his abdomen snugly.

I reckoned that Killian would look delectable in a giant pink unicorn onesie, but even still... the formal attire made everything inside me turn to jelly.