Wattpad Original
There are 11 more free parts

Chapter 44

STELLA

"Just hear me out!"

My footsteps pattered urgently against the wooden boards of the walkway leading up to our overwater bungalows as my legs burned to keep up with Killian's wide gait. My cover up whipped about my calves and I had to keep one hand on my crown to prevent my hat from flying off my head and losing it to the ocean surrounding us.

But the damn man was refusing to listen to reason.

I also half suspected he was trying to outrun me.

If it wouldn't look ridiculous being chased by a half-mad, desperately crazy woman, I rather think he would have bolted already.

"Nope, I will not be doing that," he said, resolute, and he kept his attention directed to his destination: his suite, which was looming ever closer.

"Killian, please," I urged, begged, cried- at this point I'd be willing to get on my knees for him and I wouldn't have any shame about it, too- "I need you."

"Stella, it's not gonna happen," he griped. "Let it go."

Oh, but I didn't let it go. I just needed him to agree to a few activities with me, save me a few bucks, and save my ass at the same time. It was the perfect plan. Abida had explained that as a single occupant, the rates were almost doubled, but as a couple the price would decrease substantially. In some cases, cutting the cost of an activity in half.

It meant I could potentially take part in two, or even three, activities a day. It also meant that I could possibly have money left over to spare- even though I would need to send receipts and invoices to Zahra, it would still be awesome if I had some cash to spend on something other than the ridiculous cost of the activities at the resort.

My only answer to this conundrum, however, was steadfastly trying to ignore my existence. "I don't have the budget for the activities," I went on, blithely ignoring his attempts to refuse me, "and I need to take part in them for the piece I'm putting together about the resort. Couples are discounted! You'd be saving money, too!"

He snorted. "I'd be saving money by not doing them entirely," he pointed out.

"True, but that would be boring!" I protested. Sheesh, this boy could walk fast! I was breaking out in a sweat just trying to keep up with him. "Do you honestly want to sit around and do nothing inside your bungalow each day?"

"Ideally, yes," he answered dryly. "What more could I possibly need? I have my own private pool-"

"Well, semi-private," I corrected.

"-and the ocean before me. Drinks and food can come to me anytime I desire it, and if I feel like exploring I can head to the bar." He gave me a glance out of the corner of his eye. "That is the extent of my holiday plans."

"Ugh, how boring!" My sandals were slapping noisily against my sweaty heels and I was slipping a bit, but I persevered over the loud thumping of Killian's own footsteps beside mine. "There's so much to do! And you've never been to the Maldives before- you should want to do as many things as possible, to get the true experience of it all."

"That's how you travel. Some of us actually enjoy rest and relaxation."

"Come on, Kills, please." My toe caught on an errant unstable plank of the boardwalk and I lost traction, wobbling unsteadily as my knees jarred to a halt and my sandals slipped about under the soles of my feet.

He pivoted to catch me, fingers clamping onto my wheeling elbows and steadying me before I face planted onto the hot wood. I let out a whoosh of relieved breath, smiling up at him even if sweat was stinging my eyes as it dripped down my face. "Thanks," I told him appreciatively. I'd be as honey-tongued as possible if it meant this guy would agree to take me snorkelling today.