CHAPTER 17 - "You're A Strong Woman"

Irene just arrived from her house after finishing all of the meetings that she had on her schedule.

As she was about to go upstairs, she then saw all of her helpers, organizing the kitchen.

"Good Evening" Irene said

All of them immediately stopped and looked at each other.

It was a new sentence that they all heard from Irene.

"U-uhm magandanggabi din po" All of them then affirmed

After Irene heard that, she smiled and continued to walk upstairs.

"Manang dolores, tama ba yung naririnig namin?" Some of them whisperingly asked

Dolores was also quite surprised.

"K-kahit ako, ngayon ko lang din narinig iyon" She surprisingly replied

"Hindi kaya may sakit ulit si Ms. Irene?" Maria, one of the helpers asked

Some of them were about to answer when Irene's driver suddenly intervened.

He just arrived from the back door after parking the car.

"Hula ko, naka-shabu to si ma'am" He answered, after he also noticed that Irene was quite a bit of a different person now

"Sh, yung bibig mo" Dolores said after slapping his arms

While all of the helpers continued to chatter downstairs, Irene just then finished changing her clothes.

She started to stretch her arms after a very busy day.

Iris' on the other hand was still outside.

She still hasn't gotten home after finishing her work at Tesoro.

"Oh, late ka na naman?" Her manager asked

"S-sorry po ma'am, na-traffic po kasi ako" Iris explained while catching her own breathe

The manager sighed.

Iris' just arrived in a certain convenience store that would take 40 minutes to travel near Tesoro.

It was her part time job that she recently applied for, last week.

"Siguraduhin mong huli nato dahil ayoko ng patamad tamad" The manager scolded

Iris nodded and immediately proceeded to change her clothes.

Recently, she was starting to be more conscious in using her money.

Demetria will soon celebrate her birthday next month and Iris was planning to buy her a gift.

"Good Evening po" She politely welcomed the customer

Her sweat was slowly evaporating in the cool, air conditioned convenience store.

She took a deep breath and exhaled, feeling the endorphins from her tiredness still coursing through her body.

As she settled and began to work, she knew that the energy and motivation she gained from her work would carry her through the challenges of the day ahead.

Indeed, Iris was completely the same as her Mother.

Both Irene and Iris are striving to become stronger in order to face the difficult challenges that lie ahead.

After a whole night shift, Iris' will now go home.

It didn't take that long when she had already arrived at their house.