Chapter 9

I blink a couple of times to make sure this isn't a dream or anything "Luke I-I-" I was interrupted by people screaming I let go so does he and we look over to where the screams are coming from I couldn't see anything just everything was bright I run closer "WAIT ALEX NO!" Luke yells but I keep running towards it and stop in my tracks time slowed down people were running in the other direction from it and I just stood there shocked I couldn't move all of my limbs went numb and I watch in horror it all was burning to the ground and some people with the rest of it my step mother tries to get me to go but I wont budge I shake her off and run towards the flames wanting to try to save them but someone grabs my waist from behind I scream and cry wanting to save them but like the rest I disappear into the crowd so I cant see the horror anymore . We finally make it outside and all I see is it all go into flames it all disappearing before my eyes I slowly fall to the ground Luke tries to get my attention and yelling my name but it all sounds like mumbles and blurry I feel the cool ground around me and the heat from the flames and all of the people driving away. We were driving back home and it was silent no one dared to say a word about it when we pull into my drive way I get out of the car and run up to my room I didn't want to talk about what I saw I never wanted to remember this night.... I look at my computer and it turns on? the screen flickers and words pop up.

We Are Coming For You, You Cant Escape Us Anymore.

I didn't know what to do honestly.... I grab my clothes and pack go down stairs Luke's standing there no longer in his tux or mask just in joggers and a white T and his hair isn't a quiff and is all messy, he's not wearing his lip ring and its just regular Luke and I liked that he looks at me and my mums not here "where's mum?" "she has to help out with your cousin and she wanted me to stay here with you just in case..." I sigh "Luke I'm sorry but I don't need someone to watch me" he shakes his head and pulls out a note "that's not what this note says" I walk over to him and he hands me the note I read it over.

The girl isn't safe anymore we suggest you stay away from her and out of our way you cant protect her from the unknown.

"Luke just let them get me I don't want you getting hurt" he shakes his head "I will never do that" "but if you get hurt..." "I will be fine" I sigh "ok." "ill watch some TV" I nod and walk toward the bathroom to take a shower. I get dressed and walk out into the living room and Luke is passed out on the couch I giggle a little "thanks protector" and I sit on the couch watching the cartoon he turned on and I remembered about him saying he loves me what am I going to tell him? Well of course I love him but.... I don't know what I should do... there's a knock at the door I look at the time 12:36 who would come at this time? I slowly stand up and walk toward the door and slowly open the door.