The Night of the Ball - Request

A/N: YES. oh my god, in my book, I just finished writing a ballroom chapter and I've been craving more so yes yes yes tysm for requesting this. Also, I appreciate the compliment!! <3 It means the world to me!

CW: A little alcohol. Very tiny. Also, slight suggestiveness (if you can call it that) towards the end?

Super fast backstory:

Y/n is the prince/princess/heir to the throne and they've talked a few times outside of the ballroom because Levi asked for more resources from the king. Y/n said they'd need to convince the king together, so they're putting on a little show for the entire kingdom. The show? Captain Levi captures the heart of the heir to the throne.

It could also be up to interpretation, but that's what I have planned. Sorry if it's not the perfect response to the request!!

You entered the ballroom behind your father, the king, and looked around. The chandelier hung like a cluster of stars on the painted ceilings of the castle and you couldn't help but stare in awe at the lighting. The band's music reached a crescendo as the king entered and you looked up at your father. He nodded, a silent signal of your permission to dance.

You tried not to trip over your feet in excitement as you rushed down the stairs. You scanned the crowd for Captain Levi, trying to avoid the group of people that flocked around you. One man said "You owe me a dance," and you nearly vomited.

"Where is the Captain?!" You panicked, trying not to make a noise as you silently declined the offer to dance.

A gloved hand grabbed your arm and tore you away from the crowd. "You don't look too good, Your Highness," Levi grumbled, glaring at the crowd. A wave of relief washed over you. The excitement of your presence in the ballroom died down fairly quickly and what rose from the ashes was astonishment.

"Is that Captain Levi?!"

"With royalty?"

You smiled at him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Captain, it's good to see you again."

His brow quirked up, but other than that, his face remained expressionless. "Right. Let's just get this over with." He held his hand out to you. "Is your father watching?"

You looked behind Levi and saw your father glaring at the two of you. You nodded and took Levi's hand. "He is."

The Captain took you to the middle of the dance floor and gave the band a look. They began playing a slow song and you wrapped your arms around Levi's neck. "I take it this isn't really your scene?" You guessed by the coldness in his eyes.

He gave you a brief nod as he delicately placed his hand on your lower back. "I'm doing this for the Survey Corps, so don't get any ideas. This isn't going to be a regular thing."

Your eyes narrowed. "If you hate it so much, why'd you come?"

"I just told you. For the Survey Corps."

You sighed. "I meant, why you? Isn't the Commander capable?"

Levi shook his head, twirling you. "He's too formal. Everyone would expect him to dance with you."

"And you?"

He glared at you. "Nobody even expected me to come. It makes a greater impression."

You grinned. "You seem to be enjoying yourself, though. You're very good at dancing, Captain. How'd you learn?"

His eyes flashed to the side and you followed his gaze. Before he could say anything, you spotted Hange Zoe. You tried to stifle your laughter. "You practiced with Hange?"