Dates in Marley - request

Anon Tumblr Req:

ooo~, how about a postwar Levi and Reader fic where they live together and secretly love each other but they are afraid to confess. they don't even know how. maybe they go out on a "date" (aka just walking around town in Marley, shopping, going to the park and secretly admiring each other) andddd... I literally have no idea 😬 I'm sorry, I tried

A/N: I love this <3 It sounds so cute! I'm pretty sure that Levi spends his time with Gabi, Falco, and Onyankopon after he loses the use of his legs so I put them in here. Thanks!

    You and Levi sat together, eating the breakfast that Gabi and Falco made. They were often impudent brats, as Levi described them, but you found them to be friendly enough. You jolted every time the door to your shared house opened. It was always Gabi and Falco (sometimes Onyankopon to apologize for the intrusion) and each time, you let them in. They all seemed to care about Levi just as much as you did, making him breakfast in bed and teasing him a little too much about his condition.

    He pretended to hate the banter, but if they didn't visit for a few days, he'd ask where they were.

    "Levi," Falco exclaimed, sitting with you two, "tell us again—what was the scariest abnormal titan you faced? Other than Zeke and Eren, of course."

    Levi glared at him, rolling his eyes. "I hate repeating myself."

    "Just tell us!" Gabi exclaimed.

    You listened in carefully, excited to hear about his war stories whenever he was willing to tell them. When he looked at you, listening intently, he sighed in defeat. "Zeke was the worst titan I went up against. I already told you. It took three tries to kill him."

    "Okay, but what about another titan? One we don't know?" Gabi pressed.

    Levi rolled his eyes. "There was one... significantly annoying one. Rod Reiss—he was bigger than the Colossus Titan, and he only ever crawled around. He was too big and his legs were too weak. But," he paused, glancing at you to see your excited face, "when he arrived at the Orvud District, he had rubbed off his ribs and face. His titan organs spilled out and it was disgusting."

    Falco shuddered in revulsion, sliding his plate of waffles away. "I lost my appetite..."

    Gabi, on the other hand, seemed enthralled. Her eyes were wide and she grinned, nodding excitedly. "And? How'd you kill him?"

    "My squad, at the time, cut off his hands. Eren shoved gunpowder barrels into his mouth and he exploded."

    Your jaw dropped. "What?!"

    He nodded. "Yeah. We managed to kill him, though."

    Gabi and Falco spoke to each other excitedly, discussing the event they just learned about.

There was a knock at the door and you sprung from your seat, opening it. Onyankopon greeted you with a smile. "Good morning, Y/n. May I come in?"

"Of course! Gabi and Falco are just over there—"

"Actually, I wanted to speak with you." He pulled you aside and Levi's head snapped back to the two of you before looking back at the kids. Onyankopon smiled. "Levi hasn't been outside in a while. I was hoping you could take him to the shopping district while I take Gabi and Falco out to the fair. He needs some time away from them, I think."

You smiled, your cheeks turning pink. "I mean, I'd love to go shopping with him, but I'm afraid it'll be awkward."

"Why's that?" he teased. Onyankopon knew about your feelings for Levi. You talked about him far too much and when Onyankopon asked, you told him how you felt. "I'm kidding," he said, nudging you as your face turned red, "just take Levi out. Maybe he feels the same."