☆𝐌𝐫 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐲𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝☆

"Never mind that women, drive, before you kill us both."

I reversed behind me and swung the car around. We were being shot at now from every angle and didn't have much time to escape now.

I pressed the pedal to the floor till we were speeding away, hearing the clunking of bullets aimed at us both.

For 15 minutes I was being paranoid that they were following us and kept taking random turns that would take us to the middle of nowhere meaning we had to turn back on ourselves. It wasn't until we were a good distance away and I had no idea where I was that I let out a sigh of relief, but Ezra had other ideas for me.

"Why didn't you leave when I told you to?"

"What?"

"I told you to leave and if you got there before ne, leave me."

I looked at him, bewildered by what he was saying. He had blood, from I couldn't tell who now, all over him but luckily no actual bullet wounds.

His face was turning red and bruised, and the corner of his left eye was starting to turn purple.

"I wasn't going to leave you to die."

"I wasn't going to die, none of them could use a gun for the life."

He was trying to be sarcastic with me now , seeing that I was tense still. He'd obviously just realised this isn't an everyday occurrence to me.

"I'm not kidding Ezra, and plus I don't know where the fuck I am going now and I have nothing on me, I would have been found and killed if I had left you."

I was trying yo play it off now that I was doing it for my own survival. That it wasn't because I cared he was out numbered and that despite his obvious cockiness I was still cared he was going to get hurt. He just looked over at ne with a smirk.

"You know you underestimate yourself, I'm sure you would have been able to figure something else out, and plus, I'm your bodyguard, you really think I wouldn't be able to find you."

He had a point. His job was to protect me and he was obviously good at it.

We sat in silence for a moment. Me concentrated with the solemn car with us on the highway and Ezra just staring at me. He hadn't put a seatbelt on this whole time, I suspect it was because it went over a cut, and he didn't say anything.

"You know, I was the one who put this car in that place."

What was he on about this time.

"If you look in the boot there is food for a week, 8 grand in cash, survival stuff and co-ordinates for various safe houses."

What.

"There's also 3 guns in the boot, one under both these seats and another in the glove box."

He opened the glove box whilst still looking at me. Sure enough, there was a pistol in the back of it.

"Why?"

Was all I could get out. I had barely known Ezra for nearly a month now and yet he had felt to do all of that because he was being protective if me. I know he is my bodyguard but no other bodyguard that my family has ever had would gave done that for any of us.

"Well it is simple Emilia. You aren't dumb, you aren't stupid. You are an incredibly fierce and intelligent person that wouldn't hesitate to protect the people she cares about. I gave you that stuff because I knew you'd use it. I knew you weren't stupid to let your location be known, and I know that you know you get all of this from your father."

He was smirking even wider at me now saying all of this towards me.

But for me it was like a brick dropped onto my head.

No one had ever really compared me towards my dad I was always compared to my mother because of our striking resemblance towards each other.

I felt a weird sense of pride that I had been compared to my dad. I didn't want anything g to do with his mafia business and was set on my medical career, but it felt good to be compared to the person you'd idolised as a child.

Somehow a small smile creeped onto my lips.

A sad  smile filled with confusion clearly dancing throughout my mind.

I didn't know what had happened to everyone else. Everyone at the house could be dead, everyone in the room next to us in the kitchen could be dead.

I didn't know who it was I didn't get time to look. I could be the only living member of my family some how and yet I can't help but think that is all Ezra.

The only reason I am alive right now is Ezra. 

And fuck the smirk on his face could make any women drop to her knees.

Authors note

A small chapter today guy's because I have been very stressed recently but still wanted you to have more of Emilia and Ezra.

A small little reminder, that I don't even know If I have said before, but I am dyslexic so sometimes I spell things wrong or don't really make sense so If you spot anything please say so I can correct it.

Have a lovely day/night xx