☆𝐌𝐫 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝☆

It's been 3 hours. Ezra didn't trust my driving after i nearly swerved us off the road, so he made us switch.

it was about half 2 in the morning now Ezra was taking us somewhere 'safe'. That's all he was telling me. Probably one of the safe houses he mentioned to me earlier.

This whole thing feels like de ja vu. Like none of this is real and I'm just dreaming. That the impossibility of knowing what happened was right in front of me yet I couldn't just reach out to grab it. I couldn't think about it too much otherwise I'd get emotional and drain myself. I can't cry right now, not when I and Ezra are still technically on the run.

I didn't even bother to put my seatbelt on when we switched, unsafe yes but I was too tired to care.

It has taken soo much of me to keep my eyes open and blinking to keep track of where we are but to no use to me. For the last 2 hours, we have just been going along the same deserted roads, with the same trees shadowing the sides. Of course, barely anyone was up, only the lorries were shipping their deliveries.

We made a stark difference to them on the road, we were definitely breaking the speed limit and also the only car for miles.

Ezra pulled into a dodgy-looking petrol station with only one other vehicle parked nearer the doors.

He braked right infront of the petrol stand. I turned my head to the left to see him tiredly drag his hand across his face.

"Emilia do you think that you can put the petrol in while i grab supplies for us?"

"Sure, but isn't every thing in the boot already?"

"Mostly but we only have 1 pair of fresh clothes for the both of us and we need bullets."

Right yeah. Guns aren't very useful without ammo.

We both hopped our of the car locking it promising to meet back in 10 minutes.

He was tired, I'm not surprised, the mental tole this day must have taken on him.

I open the fuel hatch and grab the petrol pump. I jiggle it about till it is stuck in place and I start pumimg the petrol into the car.

It's only now that I'm realising how tired I am. I found myself falling asleep lent against the car door.

At some point that I start nodding off holding the fuel pump I here a loud wholf whistle.

I snapped my head up instantly to see an old creepy looking man with his window rolled down looking me up and down.

His stare made me feel dirty. Like he was imagining me naked against my own will and he was having the time of his life.

"What's a pretty lady like you doing somewhere round here?"

I turned back around to the car facing away from him, praying that he would just leave.

"HEY! STOP IGNORING ME! I WAS TALKING TOO YOU."

I inhaled slowly, trying to calm my breathing down.

Ezra's coming back he won't hurt me.

It felt like the fuel wouldn't fill any faster and that the guy was edging closer to me in his car.

I heard his car door open and then slam shut and footsteps walk over to me.

"Don't ignore my question."

It was getting scarier by the moment and I was skiing myself up to defend myself.

I'd only have one chance to strike and run, I didn't have long to look at him but I knew that he could easily over power me.

I closed my eyes as he started to round the car until I heard a huge slam against the car bonnet.

I opened my eyes quickly and dropped the fuel pump thinking that the guy had gotten closer than I thought.

Much to my surprise it was ezra.

And he had the guy pinned up against the car holding the creeps arms behind his back with one hand and a gun pointed at his head with his other.

The look on his face looked like he was about ready to shoot the creep but for some reason he didn't.

The feelings inside me for ezra where swirling around. Thankful that he saved me from a situation that I didn't know how it would turn out but that he had probably saved my life multiple times in this one night.

He could have just left me.

He could have just left me for dead or never given me any weapons or never decided to even take the job.

It could have been someone entirely different who was stood infront of me looking like perfection with his bloodied hands and sweaty face.

I didn't want to admit it to me, or anyone else, but ezra had grown on me. He'd grown so much on me that he didn't feel like a bodyguard.

It's like he understood why I hated being watched 24/7.
Why I didn't want this life.

It's like he understood me for me and not just his boss's daughter that he needs to babysit.

Another short chapter again I'm sorry, my life is kind of hectic but writing is making it easier, thank you to everyone who decided to read the book ❤️