Chapter 4 - A Student and A Teacher

Ravel Phenex, a short, cute and very proud girl that is one of the members of the Phenex clan and Kotori Itsuka a human turned spirit with the power to control flames a wield a large axe could do nothing put look up in shock as Y/n the boy that had dodged their attacks suddenly sprouted two large Pheniox like wings from his back.

"hello my name is Y/n Nava, I'm what the Phenex clan would call Pheniox Champion" Y/n said as he saw both of them look shocked.

"that's not possible, only a member of our clan could be chosen. Why would she pick you" Ravel said both shocked and upset.

"Its because he lives up to the Pheniox name Ravel" said a voice as they saw a young looking women approaching them.

"Lady Ember" Ravel said as she tried to move but her body wouldn't, just then Ember kneeled to Ravel and then place a hand on her head.

"Ravel you wish to know why I gave my blessing to Y/n, it's because unlike what I've seen from the Phenex clan Y/n holds the attributes of the Pheniox to heart and I've yet to see another as he sees the immortal bird" she said as Ravel and Kotori were confused and Y/n just chuckled.

"what she means is that The Phenex clan don't see a Pheniox for what it is, they only see it as an immortal bird with extreme power which is true but a pheniox is so much more than that" Y/n said as the three were now staring at him.

"A man once said "I no longer fear the darkness once I realised the pheniox in me would rise from its ashes" what that means is that a pheniox doesn't just represent power, it shows that a pheniox has attitudes that your clan seems to have forgotten completely" Y/n said as Ravel looked down as she knew he was right.

"I've been watched the Phenex clan as long as I can remember, I also know of this tornoment your currently in so Y/n I ask you. Can you teach this very young Phenex to fly and rise from her ashes" Ember said as Y/n smiled and kneeled to place his hand on Ravel's head.

"sure I'd be happy to, but since we're going to be training why not invite the other girl as well you both have great efficiency with fire so I could help the both of you I you want" Y/n said as he placed his other hand on the top of Kotori's head as well.

As they eventually agreed Y/n smiled before he stood up and hid his wings again.

"I suggest you both go to bed for the time being and get some rest, because tomorrow night we start training and it wouldn't be easy but I have faith in both of you. Also wear something like gym.clpths or running equipment" Y/n said as he left to continue his own training for the night.

The next day Y/n was making his way to the counselors room as she asked him to stop by for a moment. As he knocked on the door he entered and saw that Aerial was sitting on a chair across from two female students one of which he had already met before.

"Y/n thank you for coming today, I'm informed that you've met miss Toujou already" Aerial said as Y/n smiled as he rubbed Koneko's head who just let him.

"yup its nice seeing you again, oh and I have more cookies for you" Y/n said as he gave a small bag of cookies over to her.

"yes and this is miss Akeno Himejima, she is also apart of the same peerage as Koneko here" Aerial said.

"oh it's nice meeting you Akeno" Y/n said as he smiled at her. Returning the greeting the three were now looking at Aerial who smiled.

"now I'm sure your confused as to why I asked Y/n to join us today, in my opinion I believe that Y/n is the key to you both accepting yourselves as the people I believe you to be" Aerial said as both girls looked down and Y/n saw this and sighed.

"If what I've been told is true, the two of them have been through so much at such a young age" Y/n thought as he soon smiled at the pair.

"later tonight I'll be helping two other students in training them to reach the potential they have, I suggest you two come along as well and I promise you that you'll learn to accept the power you've been given...I lost both of my parents at a young age and much like the both of you I also struggled as I was rejecting who I was but luckily I found people who helped me come to terms with who I was and now let me help you" Y/n said but before he got an answer from them he was called on by the headmasters.

"Y/n what have you done, it's been two days" Aerial said while smirking at him.

"I've not done anything, why do you do this to me" Y/n said as he heard a giggling Aerial behind him as he left. As he left he noticed both girls leave as well through a magic circle, as he continued making his way to their offices he was surprised when he saw four groups of devils along with the current headmasters.

"Y/n I'm so glad we can finally met, my name is Zeoticus Gremory and I'm one of the headmasters here at Union Academy" said Zeoticus as Y/n make his way to the desk and walked past the four devils and their peerages.

"yeah I heard you wanted to see me" Y/n replied as Zeoticus smiled.

"yes I'm going to send you on a task as you've still got to pass a physical exam I am also going to send these groups along with you incase something else arises and needs to be dealt with" said Zeoticus as Y/n nodded.