prologue

Just wanna give a heads-up

Tommy used to be acrobat but his parents died when he was 9 during doing an trapazy and he was taken in by philza who was present during the whole tragedy

Tommy age is 25 in this (it's important for the plot! Read it please! I know your not familier to tommy being older but it's important!)

Ranboo is 16,bilzo issss 20 and eryn issssss 18 (they'll come in a in the story don't worry!)

(I know ranboo is a minor but he's not just read it and it'll clear up why he isn't a minor

Even in age)

Injoy!

_______________________________________

Ranboo pov

The dream was always the same. It didn’t matter how much therapeutic art he did, or how long he’d meditate to find his centre, the dream would come.

It would always come.

Ranboo shuddered awake and pushed it out of his mind. The blood and screams. The Bat, always coming after him.

He was startled again when he realized that this wasn’t his room. This wasn’t his Mother’s house nor his Father’s house.

It was Tommy Simons’s bed.

its only temporary,i swear.”

The bed was too big. It could fit three people comfortably. Ranboo sometimes snidely wondered if tommy ever had the occasion to test that theory. It smelled like tommy, which wasn’t unpleasant until he smelt the musk underneath the clean smelling laundry soap.

with the job i usually stagger and crash on the couch. You have the bed.”

Tommy was a cop. EPD (essempi police department). The man seemed ridiculously proud of his rookie position. It wasn't surprising, ranboo reasoned, tommy has a hero complex. He thrives on being helpful even at a cost to himself.

That’s why I’m here after all.

Tommy’s kindness… and didn’t that make him seethe just a bit.

That’s why tommy was taking the late shift, so he could be at home before ranboo went to school and until after he went to bed.

In irritation he glanced at the clock. Five A.M. tommy would be coming in soon. He waited for the sound of the lock unlatching. He allowed himself to relax. He didn’t expect to hear tommy’s light footsteps in the dark no matter how hard he strained his ear. Tommy was quiet and almost supernaturally light on his feet. He heard the sounds of a can being open, and then the sink, the shower, and the squeak of the couch springs.

Tommy had more energy than usual tonight.

Ranboo felt satisfied with that.

He resented that he had to be here, he resented the big bed, the small apartment, the circumstances, but he didn’t resented Tommy as much as he led the young man to believe.

He was quite satisfied with him actually, and in his needier moments, possessive of him. Tommy had given him the most stable environment he had ever lived in.

...And tommy was the only one he had left. There was always a quiet fear that ranboo buried deep inside that one day tommy wouldn’t walk through the door.

His mother had raised him, in that she was his guardian from his birth until the age of nine. The truth was he saw her very rarely. It only made sense, she was an important figure in his Grandfather’s cult. Ranboo hadn’t known what a cult was until it was smirkingly explained to him by Wilbur Gold.