burnt caramel.

episode one || NAT KING COLE RECORDS.

The last couple weeks have been extremely intense

The last couple weeks have been extremely intense. going on tour with your closest best friends, the Jacksons, rehearsals, screaming fans everywhere, travelling around the world promoting your new album, making sure everything is perfect. A lot happened this past year.

Los Angeles was especially hot today, on days like this you're grateful you're not touring anymore. tour was amazing, tour was great, but you needed to relax for a couple weeks, months even at this point.

"you need to sleep" Janet said as she sat next you. you were barely awake at that point, you had been labouring through reading the last couple chapters of a book you picked up probably years ago at this point, but you were too tired to finish it. the book was falling out of your hand and your head was thrown back, mouth wide open as a light snore threatened to escape. "huh?" you mutter as you sit up right; the book falls out of your hand.

Janet laughs at you, "where's everyone?" she asks, you look around you. you're all supposed to be hanging out at your house before a trip to... well, no one has decided yet, but definitely somewhere. "uhm.." you rub your eyes, "Jermaine is probably outside bullying Tito for being shorter than him and Randy was here, don't know where he is now" you say, standing up to stretch. "I genuinely don't know where Marlon and Jackie are, but Michael was in the library" you yawn.

"of course you know where Michael is" Janet laughs, you stare at her, "I-... okay", she laughs at you again, "you two should seriously get it on" she says and you blankly look at her, "we're just friends, Jan" you exhale. Janet side eyed you, "friends that casually grind on each other on stage and have kissed multiple times before" she snickers.

"it was for a video!"

and speaking of Michael, he comes out of the library yawning as well. "good read?" Janet asks, "couldn't even get through two pages" he rubs his eyes, "did you finish yours?" Michael points to your book that was on the floor and you shake your head. "lord, it's hot out there!"

you three turn to the door that lead to the backyard, Jackie, Jermaine and Marlon  walk in fanning themselves. "were y'all running? why are you so sweaty?" you ask. "Jermaine tried to make us do stretches that'll make us 'taller', never again" Marlon explains as him and Jackie plop on the couch opposite you.

"in this heat? crazy" Janet remarks, "me and Toya are going to get us ice cream, y'all want anything?" she asks, as Janet takes notes of what her brothers want you get up and move past them, then you slowly lay on the floor. you were still really sleepy. you didn't exactly remember what happened next, but the background of your dreams you could hear the faint voices of the brothers.

it was maybe forty minutes later when you woke up.
"you're weird" Marlon said, you opened one eye and looked him; "the fuck's that supposed to mean?" you close your eye again. "you're laying on the floor because... it's comfortable?" Marlon asked, "well..." you sat up, he wasn't entirely wrong, laying on the floor can be a bit weird. "the floor is cold" you added as you stand up and stretch, "so is the couch" Jermaine said.