poison girl.

[1988, fluff]

It always felt like fate had brought you and Michael together, you fit perfectly into each other like puzzle pieces

It always felt like fate had brought you and Michael together, you fit perfectly into each other like puzzle pieces. Michael had picked his poison and it was you, a single drop of you fell into the glass of heart and he couldn't get enough ever since, there was nothing that was going to get you away from him.

you were so special to him.

Mickey Mouse and Goofy were dancing to an old song, you rub Michael's back as you were laying on the couch in front of the television, the black and white animation occupying your boyfriend's attention. Michael was laying on your chest with his arms gently laying around your waist, your other hand softly running through the baby hairs along his hairline.

"I wanna marry you" Michael says, "yeah?" you ask and Michael hums. you've talked about getting married before but it's become a common conversation recently, Michael has been wanting to marry you for years and now feels like a good time. you're both at a great point in your careers, your relationship is the healthiest it's ever been and it feels like your love for each other continues to grow stronger each day.

"I don't think rings will be a good idea then" you mutter, "why?" Michael asks. being famous sucks most of the time, no one knows that you and Michael are together and are considering marriage, fan and public reactions to certain things including couples announcing that they're together is sometimes a bit much. almost always negative, rarely do couples receive support; "I can't wait to have a wedding ring on my finger that you put on me" Michael says.

you've always had quite the strong relationship with your fans, a small percentage of them can get a bit overbearing sometimes. "remember when people found out that we were friends?" you ask and Michael chuckles, "yeah that was... really bad" he mutters.

Michael got a lot of hate at the time when the public found out you were getting close, back then before Thriller came out you were the mega pop star of the world, why would you befriend a singer in small band like him? but as his career grew and Thriller came, people finally began seeing you as equals and the hate died down.

"but I want a wedding ring" Michael looks up at you and you smile, "we could wear our rings in chains as necklaces" you suggest and Michael smiles a bit. "yeah, necklaces sounds sweet" he says. "you know, I also thought of tattoos" you began, and Michael raises an eyebrow, "on our ring fingers maybe hearts, or a little music note, maybe even a J" you trail off.

Michael's heart soared at the thought of his last name being tattooed on you. you've always done this to him, your love was always intense and passionate, the warmness and love you made him feel inside spread through his body like a disease. he nuzzled his head into your chest as light pink blush rising to his cheeks. "for Jackson?" he giggles, "for Jackson." you smile.

"we'll go out later so you can pick your engagement ring" Michael says, "wait, what?" you furrow your brows. "I said I wanna marry you" Michael grunts as he sits up and stretches, "It's been years and I don't wanna wait any longer Y/n, will you marry me?" he asks, and you're starstruck for a moment, "y-yes" you stutter and Michael smiles as he pulls you on his lap, his arms wrap around your waist as he kisses you, he smiles again as he feels your smile against his lips.

"welcome home, Mrs. Jackson"