libre.

[1989, loads of fluff, implied smut]

Sophie Loren had invited you for a party she was hosting, you adored Sophie so there was no way you weren't going to show up

Sophie Loren had invited you for a party she was hosting, you adored Sophie so there was no way you weren't going to show up. everything was great, there was good music, good food, great people and generally just a fine time. you had long forgotten about your date the moment he showed up, Michael Jackson. you two have been crushing on each other for months ever since you started talking after last year's AMAs.

"he's been asking about you all night" Sophie whispered in your ear making you smile. "he really wants to see you, go talk to him", you glance over at Michael who sat alone at the bar at the far end of the party's hall. you had felt him stare at you throughout various parts of the night but you never gave him the satisfaction of looking back at him, mostly because you were probably engaged in some type of conversation with someone.

Sophie turns to talk to someone else as you get up, walking across the room to him. you weren't even going to lie and say you weren't yearning to be with him in the early hours of the party, you bit your lip suppressing a smile as you got closer and it's almost like Michael could sense your presence because he turned around with a smile on his face looking at you.

you've been looking forward to seeing him all night.

"there you are" you smile placing your hand on his shoulder, "I've been looking for you"; Michael's smile gets bigger as he gets up and hugs you tightly. "you missed me, huh?" you laugh, "obviously, I wasn't gonna come until Sophie told me you're coming" he says as you pull away from each other.

"you look handsome by the way" you sit on the stool next to him, "I missed you just as much if not more honestly, it's so nice to see you after so long" you say. Michael admires your face as a light blush adorned his cheeks, he would do anything for you.

"how have you been?" you ask, Michael takes your hand in his, "I really missed you" he says bringing your knuckles to his lips leaving a small kiss on them, your eyes soften as you look at him. "Michael.." you trail off.

"is there anything I can do for you?" he asks.

you and Michael would spend day and night on the phone talking to each other but his voice sounded softer in real life. there was something about how sweetly he treated you, and how loved he made you feel, you didn't want to give in just yet but you couldn't help it.

"I'd do anything for you.. you-.. you mean so much to me y/n" his words tug at your heartstrings. "there actually is.." you take his hand in yours, "but we gotta go somewhere more private. there's so much I wanna tell you" and Michael's heart leaps, a big smile gracing his face. "of course, i'll go anywhere you want".

you both get up and walk through the party hall, bypassing all the invitees as Michael giddily walks behind you happily holding your hand. you exhale when you make it to the back door that lead to the parking lot, Michael checked you out when you walk in front of him.