6

Aonung's friends pulled Lo'ak's tail in a way to show that they were making fun of him for his body. I stood a few meters away from the scene, watching everything that was happening. Neteyam ran up to Aonung , who was laughing at Lo'ak , and pushed his shoulder to make him stop.

"Back off now." He pushed Aonung's shoulder again. Aonung put his hands up to show that he was backing off with that smug grin on his face. He took a few steps back.

"Smart choice. And from now on, you will respect my sister." Neteyam said. Nobody dared to say a word, silence fell into the scene.
"Let's go." He pushed Lo'aks head gently away to Kiri. He took one more look at Aonung and his friends before turning around to walk away from them. I hurried over to them.

Lo'ak turned around to walk back to Aonung.
"Lo'ak!" Neteyam hissed.
"I got this bro." Lo'ak assured him. I scoffed as Kiri rolled her eyes. We all knew that he was trying to act cool in front of the Metkayina kids. He stepped infront of Aonung, sticking his pinky out.

"Look, I know this hand is funny." He said, turning his wrist around with his pinky practically at Aonung's face. "I'm a freak. Alien." Aonung grinned and tilted his slowly head as Lo'ak admitted it. Damn. I wish he could look at me like that.
"But it can do something really cool." It was so funny how Aonung was so invested to what Lo'ak was doing with his hand.

"First you hold it real tight like this. And then.." He waited for the perfect moment and there it was. He punched Aonung, who fell onto the sand in disbelief, and announced; "It's called a punch bitch. Don't ever touch my sister again." Aonung pounced on Lo'ak and punched him back as the rest of Aonung's friends started coming at him too. Neteyam scratched his head, not looking surprised, and joined the fight to help his troublemaker brother. He shoved one of the guys who were trying to go to Lo'ak and punched him, which made the other guys go after him too.

Some of Aonung's friends didn't know how to fight so they just pulled Lo'aks tail to help their friend who was getting beaten up. I giggled to myself, covering my mouth with one hand. Kiri smacked my arm with the back of her palm to get my attention.

"Go to tell dad to break out the fight before it gets worse." She looked worried. She was right, half of the boys had very visible bruises on their faces. I nodded and hurried along back to our mauri pod.

I stayed back at the pod, looking at them from a distance as dad went over to scold them. He managed to break up the fight by just yelling at the boys. They were obviously scared and they quickly ran away.

"What was the one thing I asked - the one thing?" Dad furiously asked, once they had came back. I was standing outside of the pod, listening. He looked at each of the boys. "To stay out of trouble." One of them answered. "Yeah to stay out of trouble." Dad confirmed.

"Sir, it was all my fault." Neteyam said, butting into the conversation, trying to take the blame.
" I don't think so. You gotta stop taking the heat for this knucklehead." Dad hissed, looking at Lo'ak.
"Dad, Aonung was picking on Kiri." Lo'ak said, finally looking up at dads angry face. After dad heard that, he stopped looking so angry. "He called her a freak." Lo'ak continued. Dad sighed, closing his eyes at the same time. He opened his eyes to say; " Apologise to Aonung." Lo'ak tried to argue but before he could, dad continued. "He's the chiefs son. I don't care how you do it. Just go make peace." Lo'ak left with his head down.

Neteyam started to leave as well but got interrupted.
"So what did the other guys look like?" Dad asked.
"Worse." Neteyam responded.
"That's good." Dad commented, his face expression still kept the same but you could tell he was a bit proud. "A lot worse." Neteyam smiled, with his lips having dried blood on them.
"Get out of here." Dad instructed. It was obvious that he was trying to stop himself from smiling. Neteyam left and so did I.